Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,249 Posts
In most states you are not allowed to "brandish" a gun or shoot someone unless you are in a position to either defend your life or if you are staving-off an armed attack. In NY I am not allowed to shoot anyone that isn't shooting at me. And protecting property is no excuse either - if I see someone breaking into my car or driving off in it I am not allowed to shoot him or at him. If someone breaks into my house at night I am not allowed to shoot him unless he is armed and threatens me with bodily harm. I was told this by the cop who issued me my permit. Would I comply? I doubt it!

· Registered
3,249 Posts
A motor vehicle has been proven, in a court of law, to be a deadly weapon when used as such.
That's true - but you are not allowed to shoot someone for stealing one of those deadly weapons...unless he is trying to run you over with it! And I suspect proving that, short of having tread marks up your ***, would be difficult at best...not like planting a weapon on someone that you had to shoot..that would be much easier...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.