Brand new to Glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MoHawk, Dec 9, 2013.

1. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

So, I've been trying to get my girlfriend interested in guns recently. She fell in love with the Glock 19 but wants the compensated model. So, we ordered her one. It's not in hand yet, but should be soon. However, while shopping around, I found a used Gen3 G17 with a lot of work done to it. The deal was too good to pass up.

2. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

You can't go wrong with either gun. Great reliable and SAFE guns.

3. Olsen

Olsen New Member

Nice! I've never been much of a Glock fan...until recently. My buddy picked up a G17, and I loved shooting it. While I still think Glocks are pretty ugly, its hard to argue with their ability to perform. Ill be picking up a G21sf in just a couple weeks.

4. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

SF is short frame?

5. Argyle_Armoring

Short frame/slim frame whatever you want to call it. I'm a big fan of the Gen 4 21.

6. vincent

vincent New Member

Yessir...Short Frame...

SF's have a smaller diameter grip...

IIRC, the G-4's have interchangeable backstraps so it seems like kind of a moot point now...:confused:

7. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Hmmm. I'm not familiar with those. I'll have to do some research.

8. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

So after carrying my new 17 yesterday, I've decided that the Galco holster is came with would get me killed. Almost impossible to draw from. So, today we go holster shopping.

9. Argyle_Armoring

Kydex FTW!!!!

10. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Yeah. I have a Kydex Hybrid for my LC9. Think that may be the proper route.

11. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

You will serve her well by insisting on double hearing protection while shooting the 19C. Plugs+muffs.

12. Olsen

Olsen New Member

Not such a moot point for those of us stuck in the people's republic of California. For some reason the Gen4s aren't authorized here, but Gen3s are. That's the only reason I'm going for the gen3 21sf. ;-)

13. vincent

vincent New Member

Sorry about your current situation bro...:mad: They really got ya hamstrung there...

AFIK, Mass. has similar laws as well, except only G1 and G2's are legal...I could be wrong, but it's ridiculous nonetheless...Like there are major differences between the generations... :rolleyes:...it must be infuriating...:mad:

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You might want to check on that. Seems there are a few gyrations to hop through to "convert" a Gen4 to Gen3 for the initial sale then restore it to Gen4 later. No doubt Calguns.net would be on top of it and even a few members here.

15. Olsen

Olsen New Member

Lol yeah it seems a bit illogical.

16. Olsen

Olsen New Member

Ill look into that. Thanks Quentin. Either way, they're pretty much the same gun once you get past the dual spring and adjustable backstrap. :)

17. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Bought a Fobus. Can't wait to try it. Eventually, I think I'd like a Raven Concealment.

18. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

The Glock 21SF was my last duty weapon before I retired and the first Glock that I ever fired. I liked it so much that after I retired I bought a 21SF of my own.

19. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

The Fobus was refunded to me. They said they couldn't ship it. So... I purchased a Hodges Custom Kydex holster. Hopefully it ships quick.

20. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Check out Hodges Custom Kydex. It's a phenomenal holster.