Boyds Stock

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sensei9, Dec 23, 2013.

1. sensei9

sensei9 New Member

Attached Files:

2. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Boyds stock...

Their rep is rock solid.... and a wide range of models and colors available without costing too much. I'm thinking about getting another Mosin (traded my last one for a Pearson Compound bow & I actually miss the thing) later in the year and I'm considering a featherlite thumbhole stock for it. The stocks on a 91/30 are usually the ugliest thing on them.

I have however, seen these at the range on a 10/22 ....The shooter/owner was zeroing in a new scope and he didn't have a complaint. What make/model are you considering this for ???

Going to be watching this thread for comments from others about these.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Well, if you look over on the right side of the page, you may see an ad from Boyd's. They are one of our vendors, and they post here now and again- they are members of FTF.

Everything I have ever seen on any of their products has been good. REAL good.

4. longunner

longunner New Member

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Here I am!!!!!:D

i have two Boyd's laminated stocks on a couple of rifles and absolutely love them. great fit and finish, great price and are exactly a they advertise. i highly recommend them to anyone wanting a great replacement stock at a decent price.

IIRC, TXhillbilly has that stock on his 10/22 rifle and i actually got to hold it. it shouldered very well and felt very good too. Hillbilly is also going to use another Boyd's on one of his new builds.

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I have several Boyd's stocks,and have installed a bunch of others on friends gun's. The Evolution stock is a great stock for the 10/22.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have used Boyds stocks on a couple of rifles. If I were going to scope my 10-22 I would put an Evolution on it. The comb is the correct height for a scope while the typical carbine stock is not. A solid repeatable cheek weld makes a big difference in your accuracy. A lot of complaints about 10-22 accuracy come from people that scoped one with a standard carbine stock.

8. sensei9

sensei9 New Member

Thanks guys. Planning on putting it on my Ruger 10-22. Eventually I want a .920 barrel as well, but I don't want to have to change the stock when get it. I thought this mite be a good choice as the web sight info says it will fit either barrel.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Don't worry about boyd's quality as they make all of savage's stock and stock other sell as there at higher prices. Good guys to deal with.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the reason i ordered the laminate stock from Boyd's for my Marlin XS7 in 7mm-08 was i knew it would lend itself easily to enlarging the barrel channel in the future when i decided to rebarrel it with a heavier and larger diameter barrel.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Boyd's makes great wood stocks. I have used one of thee thumbhole stock on a .22 bench rifle for a few years. Today I would buy a tactical if I was building a accurate 10/22 rifle for shooting from a bench. My wife want lite so I went with a Hogue stock and it makes for a great hunting rifle and still very accurate just kinda lite weight. I have also have a Boyd's JR classic for some 17 years on a hunting rifle and still very nice today.

Pick what Boyd's you want and get it with out worry of quality. .