Boycott Dick's Sporting Goods!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by morayman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. morayman

morayman New Member

I hate knee jerk reactions from people and businesses that should take a more calm and sensible approach to things.Read this and tell me what sense it makes.If they don't want to sell those rifles to keep us safe,then I say you just might get your wish and not sell any rifles,pistols, ammo,scopes or anything to do with guns!
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/18/justice/connecticut-dicks-guns/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    morayman......

2. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

Walmart's doing the same thing with their AR type rifles.

3. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

4. robertb6112

robertb6112 New Member

My local Walmart doesn't sell AR type guns. But they had no .223 ammo. Did they sell out or take it off the shelf? The only thing they had plenty of was 30-.06 and 7mm rem mag ammo. They had like 2 boxes of 22lr.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

*edit
    nevermind

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  6. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I dont buy there .... They are over priced anyway.

7. Wiebelhaus

Wiebelhaus New Member

Cheaper than dirt has gone offline and will not return....****s getting real.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have only stepped into a Dick's once and have never spent one red cent there. They can shrivel up and die for al I care.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

May "Dick's" be infested with "Krabs.":D:D

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

1140, MST Cheaper than Dirt is online!

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

We apparently have a lot of members that are in a panic or we have a lot of members that are interested in inducing panic buying. There is no panic buying in this area.

I didn't even know that Dick's sold firearms or ammo. What ever Dick's does has no effect on my life.

Cheaper than dirt is online and has .223 ammo in stock.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  12. northhike

northhike New Member

Well they seem to be living up to their name. ;) Sending respects to the family are wonderful....pulling this off the shelf is overboard and will go a long way to hurt future sales of any of their guns. It also fuels the anti fires.

13. M1Anut

M1Anut New Member

I just got an email from dIcks! I emailed them back and told them to not email me again, I would never do business with them again for the simple fact that they refuse to sale certain firearms just to be politically correct. SCREW THEM!

14. randrew379

randrew379 New Member

I was just in Dick's. I mentioned their decision to pull black rifles and an an employee responded,"It was the right decision". I told her that I disagreed." Well, we can't comment on it"; after she had a commented on it.

15. gunsmoke11

gunsmoke11 New Member

My friend was at a Henderson Nv gun show on Sunday and told me that a number of venders sold out their guns and ammo on Saturday and never returned to their booths on Sunday. He never seen that before, so obviously people are panic buying and stores like Dick's and Walmart aren't helping.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

I just visited their website to confirm this. Maybe your connection isn't working properly? I was able to browse their site just fine. Haven't looked to see what they may or may not be selling, or at what price, I was just checking to see if they were still up.

And on their homepage they have a 35 round S&W AR15 mag for 25 bucks...
    They also have ammo at some decent and not quite so decent prices...

17. jack80

jack80 New Member

CheaperThanDirt isn't selling any firearms at this time. There's a message on the main page.

Oh, I'm new by the way. Well newly registered, I've been reading the forum for a little while. First post.

I went to Dicks today and everything with a pistol grip was gone, except for the 2 mossberg 500s with pistol grip that the employee said they were about to take down as well. Apparently pistol grips = bad, or people are just ignorant. You decide :)

18. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

So I went online to check and see what companies took AR style rifles off the shelf and there website. This what I found.

Academy sports , Dicks , cheeper than dirt , are NOT listing or selling any.

Gander Mountain, Cabela's , Bass Pro. Walmart. Still listing them for sell

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

The ammo and parts site is up but they have suspended gun sales and are going to review their policies and promotions...

20. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

I work at Academy, we are still selling them for the time being. We took them down in respect for the children, and families in CT. We also took them down to avoid the media and bad press associated with them at the moment. I don't agree with the decision personally.

If we stop selling them for good, I will quit.