Boy throws rocks at cars, shot by crossbow

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by BlindOldMan, Sep 1, 2011.

1. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Saw this on a Reuters feed:
    I know it's nothing to laugh about... I really know I shouldn't laugh. It really is not funny.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

It's a little funny!;)

3. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I agree it is kind of funny, Karma's a *****, if these kids are throwing rocks at cars no telling what else they did so they probably deserved it.

4. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Like my mom would say. "yea go ahead and throw rock at cars, it fun." Lets just say it. It is funny. No need to sugar coat it

5. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I guess the passenger really did go a little medieval on his @55,but seriously,I think that the passenger is a scumbag to use a lethal weapon on anyone just throwing rocks let alone a boy.

6. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

I think a crossbow was a little extreme.

Boy's will be boy's, my brothers and I used to throw snowballs and eggs from our treehouse at passing cars (residential speeds) until I hit my dad's car by mistake one time! He knew exactly where it came from and brothers ratted me out, but we all got the Old Man's belt, probably worked better than a crossbow.

If they were throwing rocks from a freeway overpass, than yeah, maybe. :confused:

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Who CCWs a crossbow?

8. WDbeej

WDbeej New Member

I think a nice volley from a paintball gun would have been more appropriate

9. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I agree....

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

This is true. I think a crossbow was very extreme. Not funny at all, in my opinion.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its all fun and games till someone dies.

A while back kids were dropping bricks from overpasses and killed someone... rock thru a windshield has enough kinetic energy from the speed of a car to kill. Even easier if one is lobbed at a motorcycle rider.

I dont have a lot of sympathy for the boy who got shot. Children can kill just as easy as adults.

12. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

That's not fair. He shoots the kid with a crossbow just becuase they threw rocks at his car and gets away with it but if we shoot someone with a gun becuase they came into our homes with an intent to hurt us, the libs try to get us for murder.

I think the crossbow was a bit much. A taser to the nuts would have been funnier.

13. JohnnyS74

JohnnyS74 New Member

I would have to say shooting the kid with a arrow is a little extreme if it had a rubber tip they use to knockout rabbits with prob would have gotten the message across without a chance of killing him.

14. unclebear

unclebear New Member

ya the kid had to go to the ER, but let me put it this way parents are way easier on kids now a days then when I was younger. I got caught drinking got thrown in the drunk tank my old man got me out the next day at 4 in the morning I was very hung over after beating me with a switch he made me run 4 miles then I had to go to school. Honestly I think it's just a lesson he won't forget esp when he look at his scare.

15. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Yeah it's way too extreme, however, we still enjoy the story because the faceless, nameless, piece of $h!T vandal that's gotten all of us finally got his!:)

TACK

16. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Bet he dont throw rocks again at passing cars.

17. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

Yeah, it's deadly serious...

But as doctherock says, he won't be throwing rocks at cars any more

And heck, in a couple weeks, his friends will be asking him if he wants to go to the Renaissance festival or if he leaks when he drinks. And ribbing your buddy after he's done something stupid is really funny.

Just my take...

18. Lindenwood

Lindenwood New Member

hahahahahaha!

19. quigleysharps4570

quigleysharps4570 New Member

He could've killed someone...so I figure he got what he deserved.

20. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

While it wasn't handled properly, there's nothing funny about some jackass throwing rocks at traffic. I believe that rocks are still considered deadly weapons when used against people, are they not? I'm glad he wasn't killed, but I'm not sorry he got his instant karma.