Boy 9, Fights armed home invaders !!

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by NC1760, Jun 4, 2013.

1. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Smart & fast !! Took the gun from one of them and scared them off !!

Boy, 9, Fights Armed Home Invaders, Grabs Gun: Cops
    A 9-year-old boy fought back against two robbers who broke into his family's home in Brooklyn Monday, slamming a bedroom door against one suspect's arm so hard that the loaded gun he was holding fell to the floor, police said.

The boy then picked up the weapon and fired shots, scaring off the would-be robbers.

The robbers entered the house on 80th Street in Canarsie at about 6 p.m. and ordered two teenagers inside to get on the floor, according to police.

The only other person in the house was the boy, who was upstairs.

When one of the suspects ran upstairs and tried to get into a second-floor bedroom, the 9-year-old boy slammed the door on the suspect's arm, causing him to drop the gun.

The boy picked up the gun and fired it at the suspect, according to police. No one was hit, but the home invaders quickly ran out of the house.

Police are searching for the suspects. The boy and the teenagers are said to be OK.
    Full story; http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52090408

But... but... New York City has gun control !!! Do these badguys know they are breaking Nanny Bloomberg's laws ?!?!? :rolleyes:

2. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

What a gutsy kid! He might've saved grief for him or his siblings.

3. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

He'll make one HELL of a Marine, Ranger or Seal one day!! ... If he lives long enough to grow up that much.....(Hope & pray!!)
    But if I were in that family I would sleep a lot sounder if I could have a weapon at hand instead of depending on my ability to take one off the perp(s)... Plus the NYPD haven't found them yet. :eek:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  4. trip286

trip286 New Member

This is beyond awesome!

5. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Wow how awesome is this story

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

beyond!!!!

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Bloomberg needs to press charges against the 9 year old's parents for allowing him to hold a gun not to mention discharging it at a couple of yoots just getting their lives turned around!!

8. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Future superhero !!!

Please don't give the politicos there any ideas .... and what the hell is a "yoot" Cousin Vinny ??? :p

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thats how its said in nooyark. Freekin city run by churchladies

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I guess you can learn something from Call of Duty after all:D

11. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

So what page of the Times did they run this story, the back?

12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Awesome work by the Kid, too bad the punks didnt leak just a little! Lets see, this does create a dilemma for the "Authorities".
    the Kid that self defended broke allot of laws-
    1) probably didnt check the weapon to see if it had under 8 bullets in it
    2) technically stole the weapon from the punks that were chasing him
    3) was in possession of an illegal firearm in NYC
    4) discharged an illegal firearm in NYC
    5) likely never took the safety course
    6) didnt pass a background check
    7) probably had just finished a supersized Soda!!!
    8) caused the assailants to experience PTSD (Poopy Trousers and Stained Drawers)!!!

Uncle Andy wont like this! We have laws in this state for a reason. The kids should have just laid on the floor like the crooks told them to and everyone would have been better off (sarcasm).

By the time this is done percolating, the hero will become the villain! Think about the children...

This

13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

What a rotten kid! He spoiled the BGs' day, used an illegal firearm, and who knows how much money Bloomberg and Cuomo lost when they couldn't collect their share of the loot from the perps. Throw the #$%@in' book at him.

14. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Ain't nothing better then a spunky American Kid,GOD Bless you Son your going on to be a Fine American Man,spit in the eye of Danger,just don't get no better!

15. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Yep being an old B Cowboy movie fan I know "hoot",but "yoot" OK I'll admit it has me Stumped,perhaps I'll google it?

16. HankStone

HankStone New Member

I lived to long "yoot" is a Japanese game,so be it!

GOOGLE

17. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

A "yoot" is what Brooklynites and Bronxo's call a "youth".

18. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

Exactly.... :D
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QpyGa61zs[/ame]