Bowling pin comp

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by cblowe13, Sep 6, 2013.

1. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Shot my first competition ever tonight. I was actually proud of myself, I beat out 20 guys. I finished around tenth but it was very fun. I hope to make it every time. Some of these guys had all five pins off the table on 5 shots. Amazing stuff really because of how fast they were shooting. It was a very fun experience and I can't wait for next month.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Outstanding! Congrats! I used to do pins, even went to Second Chance a few times back in the day..
    We're in the midst of testing SD ammo for a future review here, so I grabbed some pins locally and we put em on a table at 10 yards. We also grabbed a few bouncing re sealable targets also...

3. Hairtrigger

Hairtrigger Member

I used to love shooting pins.
    I even have a stash of pins that I have yet to shoot!

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

That sounds like fun. Honestly I've never heard of shooting bowling ball pin competitions. I might have to look into it.

5. DrFootball

A long btime ago,..a company called Second Chance Body Armor used to run the "second chance" shooting matches. I even competed in a few back then, and actually placed in the prize category once...

6. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

That sounds like fun too. I'm not good enough to place for a prize but it was awesome. I encourage everyone to try it. Not only will you love it but its so much different than shooting at paper. It really test your skills

7. DrFootball

It actually Started BECAUSE the inside of some body figure targets look similar to a pin...So someone had the Idea to use pins