Bowhunting and gun guy

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Cadoll, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

I recently found this forum and am having a blast with the wealth of info. on here. I love to shoot guns and have for over 40 years. grew up in kansas and we ate a wide variety of wild game when growing up. Doves,pheasants,quail,ducks,geese,turkey. I was blessed to live in central kansas where a small town boys hobby and pasttime was Hunting. I took up the bow early on and fell in love with it. Have taken over 50 whitetails and now my passion is hunting big bruisers. You learn a lot over the years and i am now passing my passion down to my sons. I also cant seem to get Elk out of my blood with a bow and look forward to this season as much as Whitetail. My question is.....are there many avid bowhunters on this forum that share the same interest? I have swapped hunts for Kansas whitetails in the years past and have met some good people in the process. I enjoy the comraderie during the hunt as much as the actual hunt. Just getting older I guess. I have excellent hunting on private and publlic lands in Kansas. I would love to hear from someone who May be interested in swapping a good elk hunt for a whitetail or mule deer, we have them both in abundance.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I know what you mean-I started bowhunting in the 70s. I've been an AVID hunter/bowhunter for years and I don't even know what a AVID looks like-I've never seen an avid in the wild.:rolleyes: Seriously though, check out the 5x6 I got last fall.

Attached Files:

3. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

nice! where was he taken?

Attached Files:

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

He was taken in eastern Ky with a 300 win mag.

5. Cadoll

Cadoll New Member

I harvested the mule deer on the 3rd fuzzy photo last season. Scored 186 typical.

6. Ambrola

Ambrola New Member

Some nice Whitetails Craig. I am also an avid bow hunter, haveing taken two in the 190 class. I am 56, and I think it comes with age and maturity. I have to go out of my state to hunt the big guys. I realy like ILL. I think the next big one will come from there.