'bout that time again

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Kain, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Kain

Kain Member

I'm getting the new-gun itch....

I've got a 22, 9mm, .38/.357, .40, and .45. I don't know what else to buy now. My rifle selection is slim at a Mossin and a Mossburg 500, but as there are precious few rifle ranges around here, I tend to shy away from rifles.

I just can't come to any sort of decison regarding a new pistol. My budget is more or less limitless, but I tend to balk at prices greater than $500.

Please help me spend this money that is burning a hole in my safe!

2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

How much money is in said safe?

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

And what's your address?

Why limit yourself to one of each caliber? There's a plethora of handguns in every caliber. Enjoy.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

The easy answer is an AR-15.

But since you want a pistol, let's hear the specifics of your current roster for evaluation....

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Next in progression .50

And if more or less limitless, let's get one of these: Click on pic for link.
    [​IMG]

6. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You need a .44 Magnum revolver.:D

7. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

Everybody needs a good .44 magnum. Or how about a .45 Colt? I noticed you don't have a 10mm. Got a micro pocket rocket?

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What's your .45? Is it a 1911? If not, I suggest exploring the wonderful world of the 1911.

Or

What's your 9mm? Do you have a Hi Power? If not, check out a Hi Power.

Both the 1911 and the Hi Power are John Moses Browning designs. Buy one or the other or both and enter into gun paradise. ;)

9. nate

nate New Member

I'd say a 10mm or a 1911 in the .460row.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

What about about a black powder pistol? That would be a little different.

11. Kain

Kain Member

The safe contains roughly $20k...if you must know.

My 45 is a RIA 1911 CS. It's not the best 1911, but as it's a 4" I really love the practicality of it. It's accurate enough to shoot over 15 yards at the range, yet short enough to carry if I feel so inclined. I don't know how if feel about the hand cannons, as they're largely impractical and expensive to shoot. I've been considering a .380 as I don't have a true concealable firearm yet. Or I might start looking into the AK/AR arena. I just have too many choices.

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Attached Files:

13. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Too little information. What kind of pistols do you have?

14. Kain

Kain Member

I have at the moment:

A Ruger Mk I 22lr.

A Sig 239 9mm.

A Ruger GP 100 6" SS 357.

A Walther/S&W P99 in 40.

A RIA CS 1911 45.

I'm leaning toward a "mid-level" 1911. Although I'm drawn to the Springfield XD series as well. I've found a slignt preferance for 40 over 9mm if for no other reason than around here there is ALWAYS 40 ammo on shelves wheras 9mm is more hit-or-miss. 45 is just too expensive to shoot regularly. A quality "beater" 22lr is also a consideration.

15. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

If you're thinking about a .380, take a look at a Bersa Thunder .380. They are excellent pistols and an incredible value. I think it's practically a must have pistol.

I had one and loved it, and at some point I plan to replace it with another. If I had tons of money, I'd also look hard at a Sig P238.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

IIRC you are in the Atlanta area. The used gun market there is really busy and you can find some great deals on many different guns. Take a gander at this site and I'm sure you'll find something you like. Note: yes, I've used this site to make more than a few swaps...

The Outdoors Trader

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I don't see a single action in there anywhere! A super blackhawk in 44 mag would be something to look at.
    I also don't see a single S&W in that group. Everyone needs a classic S&W wheelgun....357 or 44, it's your choice.

18. Kain

Kain Member

NGIB: thanks for the link. I thought it used to say Atlanta under my S/N...maybe I'm thinking another forum. But yes you're right, I live just outside ATL proper.

I'm seriously leaning toward the LCP or something like a Sig Mosquito. I'm just not a huge fan of revolvers. I LOVE my GP100 and will likely keep it for some time, but for me one wheel gun is plenty. I've heard good things about the Bersa though, as a good friend of mine has a Thunder in 9mm and he loves it. Getting closer to making up my mind. I have tomorrow off, so I'm probably going to do some shopping/buying.