Bounty on Drones! suck it bobthefed

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Jul 17, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/drone-hunting-colorado-172357477.html

I guess not all of Colorado is sissified!

It has been rumored that a certain crusty, old, former music "star" and "canned hunt" enthusiast wants to be the first to shoot down a drone but has requested that it be tied to a tree first or otherwise contained.
    ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds dangerous. "Looked like a drone to me."

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Silly. Waste of space.

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Is that a drone or a Cessna? Looked like it was below a 1,000 feet to me. Did the regulation say I needed to use a shotgun? I thought my .50 cal would be fine...

As a private pilot, this is F'ing scary and stupid.

How about arresting anyone caught using a drone as an agent of the government? But shooting things out of the sky!!!!

5. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Why not just put a bounty on all honey bees?

And how the hell is he goin' to tie it to a tree?!?!?:D

Attached Files:

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I would think a good bb gun would bring down a drone.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I think the idiots who run the town just want to collect a few hundred bucks, so they can fund their drunken barn dance.

LOL, I'll piss my pants if the Govt. sends ARMED drones to that town....

Remember the "Terrorist Hunting Permits"?

8. stratrider

stratrider New Member

So, do we buy drone tags? I love it! :D

Attached Files:

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm picturing the first guy to lop the head off of a drone and haul it to the taxidermist for mounting on a plaque of walnut. It then gets hung over the fireplace mantle so everyone coming over can hear the story. "You should have seen it! Sun was just coming up on the horizon and a foggy mist hung over the grass. I almost didn't see it, but I heard the study humm of a drone in heat. He was weaving back and forth looking for...well, anything the government hates. I lined up through my scope and he saw me! He dove, but not in time! I pulled the trigger and BAMMM! That ol' 7mm roared and the bullet hit true. The wing broke and it plunged into the ground. It was trying to crawl away when Ol' Blue grabbed it and shook it to pieces! I barely saved this part here to show off!"

Sigh.....

Can you apply for drone tags if you love out-of-state??? :D :cool:

10. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Peace of minde is easilly obtained...Don't fly over Deer Trail, Colo;)

11. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I see no reason not to shoot a drone down over my property.
    I am always careful that no projectiles leave my property and the same thing would apply here.

This is harder for some, easier for others depending on the size of the property.

Drones are dangerous and kill people. I have seen this on the news, I would be protecting my life when I shoot it.
    I would have no choice.

12. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Some of those drones may fire back. What's the best defense against a hellfire missle? :rolleyes:

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Well that sounds like fun.

14. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

The permit costs $25.00 and you can only use a shotgun. They started the idea as a novelty to raise funds.

15. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

How far up do the drones fly?

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Our local sheriffs department has drones just like the one in the photo. We only have 25 deputies. Over the years I have gotten to know most of them. I am glad they have the drones. The drones allow the officer to check out dangerous situations without actually going there. The drones are great for marijuana eradication. They know the pot is there. It's not like they are using drones to check all the woods. They often arrest the grower because they can follow him with the drone. Lots of wooded areas are so thick the K9 unit wears a vest not for protection from pistol bullets but for briers. The dog still comes out of the woods with his ears bleeding and other minor injuries.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  17. orangello

orangello New Member

18. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

backup ... you game?