Boulder, Colorado Votes To Ban "Assault Weapons"

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, May 16, 2018.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Barring court intervention; the city of Boulder, Co has a new "assault weapons" ban. Bump stocks and "high capacity" magazines are banned and must be disposed of prior to 15 July, 2018.

Existing owners may keep their "assault weapons" by providing proof of prior ownership. Looks like there's registration in there too.

"As it currently stands, the ordinance only grants Boulder police, not local gun stores, the right to issue certificates to current firearms owners."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bo...n-assault-weapons/ar-AAxo30F?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

MisterMcCool likes this.
  2. IowaShooter

IowaShooter Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad they can all smoke pot and sit on couch and draw unemployment

Those folks couldn't load a 30-rd mag if they tried

Remind me to never go there again and spend any money

3. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Guess we will see if Boulder is covered in wool or not.

1911NUT likes this.
  4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Liberals are idiots.

jackrich3 and Ghost1958 like this.
  5. 1911NUT

1911NUT Well-Known Member

WE THE SHEEPLE !!

Ghost1958 likes this.
  6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

The sheeple did not get the opportunity to vote. The city council voted on behalf of their constituents.

Greg_r, alsaqr, kfox75 and 1 other person like this.
  7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Boulder- 25 square miles, surrounded by reality. Same folks that declared Boulder was a Nuclear Free Zone. I blame the water.

alsaqr and Ghost1958 like this.
  8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Close, but not quite. As they elected said council, they did get to vote, and thus, are getting the government they picked, as well as the one they deserve.

At least that's what most of you say about those living in NY and other states, with similar laws.

now, for the next question, does CO have a preemption law? Because, if they do, the courts within the state will have to strike it down. Also, what are they defining as 'High Capacity?" State law is 15, so if that's the number, then it's just more BS covered by an already existing law.

At least I can still get to Utah through Wyoming, as Colorado is somewhere, especially not boulder, i no longer want to visit.

9. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Colorado, at least the resorts and cities is being Kalifornicated.

jackrich3 likes this.
  10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Idiots are people who assign the label to nearly half of the population of the country. I am a liberal and I test as bright normal......Not liking guns has nothing to do with IQ. Making statements like yours does.

Pasquanel, kfox75 and winds-of-change like this.
  11. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Well-Known Member Supporter

So do most new "light bulbs". :rolleyes:

12. Chainfire

Do you have anything constructive to add to the conversation or are you still in troll mode?

13. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Active Member

And sadly, IQ has nothing to do with common sense.

jackrich3 likes this.
  14. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

15. Ghost1958

This assumes they are half the population instead of a very loud minority.
    Liberal and Democrat do not always mean close to the same thing.

Close to half the population may be democrat but liberal is a much smaller sub group.

And liberals want for the most part an all powerful central government.
    Which this nation was never intended to have. Indeed a founding document written to specifically prohibit.

Personally I don't care what one labels him or herself as long as they wish to follow the COTUS and BOR instead of rewrite or destroy them.

jackrich3 likes this.
  16. Chainfire

I disagree. Common sense is defined as good judgement. IQ, education and experience provide the necessary foundations for good judgement. People aren't born with "common sense." If you have experience, but a low IQ, you may not learn from the lessons life presents; therefore experience may provide little value to making correct judgements.

It is rare for someone with a low IQ to have good judgement; they just don't have the tools to work with. It is also rare for people who rely on dogma rather than examination to exercise good judgement, as they accept what they are told as if it came down from the mountain chiseled in stone, even though there is no mountain and no stone.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make the dumber than you, it just shows that, after examining the available information, they came to a different conclusion than you did. It has little to do with IQ or common sense, although both can help you draw the right judgement. If you make decisions based on faulty data then neither common sense or IQ make much difference in the resulting judgement. If you make decisions based on unquestioned data, which may be either right or wrong, then you decisions are based on faith rather than logic and that can not be considered good judgement, as common sense is defined.

It is my judgement that "common sense" is, many times, a term that people with little education usually use to devalue the concept of a formal education. Therefore, relying on common sense may not make a sound basis for good common sense decisions.

You may disagree with what I said above based on education, experience, common sense, or dogma. It doesn't mean you are smarter or dumber, It doesn't mean that I am right and you are wrong, it just means you disagree. If people didn't disagree on issues, the world would be an extremely boring place.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  17. Chainfire

I agree that the people who identify to pollsters as liberals represent about a quarter of the population. The problem with that is that many people that you consider too liberal actually identify to pollsters as "moderates, and probably more than a tiny fraction actually identify as conservatives. The only real data that matters for all practical purposes are the numbers of votes cast. In votes cast, half the people voted for the "liberal" candidate. Of the other half, probably half of them voted against the liberal candidate.

I will say this, and it is not meant as an insult; it is my firm belief that the people who identify with politics to the left of your stated positions would represent a strong majority of the American population and would include liberals, moderates and many conservatives.

kfox75 likes this.
  18. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

A city in Arizona cannot pass such a law due to state laws that forbid it.

Rural Colorado is conservative and urban Colorado is liberal for the most part. Because I have family there I do spend time in that state. It is not uncommon to go into a gun shop there and still find many standard capacity magazines no matter what the law says. Many of the rural sheriffs do not choose to enforce stupid laws that they do not believe are Constitutional.

19. Chainfire

While the Sheriff has no duty to enforce Federal gun laws, he does have a duty to enforce Colorado laws. If he feels that, because of personal beliefs, he is unable to carry out his sworn duty he should do the right thing and resign his office. If a law enforcement officer only obeys the laws he believes in, how does that give him or her standing to arrest others who violate the laws that they do not agree with?

The Governor, as part of his duties, should relieve any sheriff who fails to carry out his duties as assigned by the state legislature and confirmed by the courts, or he or she should be relieved of their duties as well.

We are either a nation of laws or a lawless nation.

alsaqr and tomgodd like this.
  20. Ghost1958

And you sir have an absolute constitutional right to have that belief . One I will uphold as strongly as I do any other liberty our constitution guarantees, regardless if I agree with it or not.

tomgodd and primer1 like this.