Bougnt this from Harbor Freight to keep BP stuff in.

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by towboater, Jan 25, 2012.

1. towboater

towboater Active Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. KAB

KAB New Member

Sweet ! Can't go wrong with that deal , would cost tripple to make it yourself and lots of time too , and oh yeh LOTS of talent . Looks pretty nice , all wood too . Plus you got the mirror to look at your pretty self after you drool over your 1858 Remington you got in there , LOL ...

3. KAB

KAB New Member

Dont you just hate that , you go out for Bread and come home with a new Mercedez Benz ?
    Revolver wad punches you say , and you got this , and punches , hmmmm , good to be an American aint it !

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I went to my neighbor for a cup of sugar, came home with an onion... Don't ask how, I haven't figured that out myself.

By the way, sweet set up, I likey.

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Yep. It is all solid wood. The drawer floors are pressed wood. But are sturdy. I was surprised with the quality. Very pleased..

6. towboater

towboater Active Member

The Remmy fits in the two bottom drawers also. Plenty big enough.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Very Nice! I don't think i have enough BP stuff to warrant one, but it might be a good motivator. So, other than your takedown tools and your Remington, what all do you plan to keep onboard? Do you think a powderhorn would fit in there? {wonders if that would fit in my safe}

The mirror is for checking the barrel and cylinders without having to put your head in front of a potentially loaded revolver, i'm sure. ;)

8. KAB

KAB New Member

Maybe for shaving ? LOL

I think its for shaving , Orangello , or make-up ( Towboaters :D ) . I think a bore light would work much better than a mirror anywayz , and looking down a barrel is not dangerous , nor is looking into a cylinder . You actually have to pull the trigger . Guns dont kill people , people kill people , right ;)
    Guns are innert , ammo is innert , people are stupid . If you don't know your gun is loaded to start with , you got bigger issues than smoke and mirrors anywayz :D . Maybe its for Morse Code ? Maybe its just for looks .
    Cap and ball revolvers have to be capped to be dangerous , IF YOU PULL THE TRIGGER that is . Otherwise there is absolutely no danger in them .

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Very nice! BTW, anyone looking to buy from Harbor Freight, every issue of American Rifleman and Popular Science has a page of ads for HF, with a coupon for 20% off any one item in store.

10. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yep, my dad makes me bring him the coupon every month!

11. towboater

towboater Active Member

Not sure what the mirror is for. I recon, after I shoot off some black powder, I can look into it, and see the big grin on me face.

12. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Damn I can't ever get away from work! Harbor Freight is everywhere!
    On a serious note....those have been pretty good sellers for us and seem to hold up well

13. towboater

towboater Active Member

discounts...hint hint.

14. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Hahahaha. I'd hook everyone up if I could man.

15. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Just supporting the qoute man-not the person. A lot of stupid and controversial people have said good and oddly enough, smart things.

17. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Yes like Sarah Brady "Americans should not have handguns". Those Liberals come up with some good quotes.:rolleyes:

18. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

C'mon dude really? Its-just-a-quote!
    Its a good quote....if there's a gun in a room would you rather have someone else have it besides you? Hell no!

19. fmj

fmj New Member

better than going for sugar and coming home with herpes! ;):D

20. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

My gosh, how much cheaper does it need to be? :D