Bought these from KAB "KELLY"

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by towboater, Jan 21, 2012.

1. towboater

towboater Active Member

Lookey what Fed-Ex brought today. Gonna do some shooting tomorrow. weather permitting. [​IMG]
    :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KAB

KAB New Member

Hey , I reckognize those ! LOL

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

You did a great job on the trigger. No creep. nice clean break, and purdy darn light too. I'll be shooting the 1858 tomorrow. Fun, fun, fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. towboater

towboater Active Member

Took the 58Remmy out today. Shot point of aim at 25ft, Decided to try 75 yards. Kept em all on a paper plate, resting my arms on the porch rail. Dang this gun is fun. YEP YEP, FUN GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!.

5. towboater

towboater Active Member

Here's my friend giving er a try.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRAP44k9YLw&context=C34789d6ADOEgsToPDskJX2I3kLepK5IjaiInAyNWR]1858 Remington - YouTube[/ame]

6. KAB

KAB New Member

Right on !

Right on Towboater !
    All my hard hours building that thing from the DGW 1858 Kit paid off in accuracy , very cool , glad it shot well :)
    I get simular results from the Buntline I have posted in the classifieds but my groups at 75 yards are a bit tighter and measure in inches , but thats sandbagged off a steady bench rest . I am laying money your 58 will do the same once you shoot off the Bench and Baggs ;) Those particular Pietta barrels are rifled good and that extra 4" of barrel make the accuracy so much more than the stock 1858 Remington Army's 8" barrel . I think the Buntlines are the premium hunting/target handguns of cap and ball guns , period .
    Glad you like it , I got alot of hours into that build , and it payed off , thats just great , what more could a gunsmith ask for than that !