Bought my second Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by TacticalSenior, Jun 3, 2012.

1. TacticalSenior

TacticalSenior New Member

Went into Big 5 Sports yesterday to checkout a Mossberg 500 and wound up purchasing a Tula hex receiver 91/30. That makes 2 91/30's for me now. Having bought the round receiver I knew eventually I would pick up a hex receiver model. Question is do I stop here with 91/30's?

I need to put the shotgun purchase on hold for a month or so since I just bought the Mosin and last week a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm.

2. vincent

vincent New Member

The real question is CAN you stop at just 2...:D

How about a pic of the hex?

I just can't get enough of the damn things...:cool:

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

No, this is not the last Mosin you will buy. You my friend have just became a victim to a very serious disease. I'd make sure to have plenty of room in the gun safe, because I see many more Mosins in your future. Possible starting with an M44 next. :D

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Hmm.. One was enough for me... :confused:

5. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I believe Arisakas can have the same effect. :D :p

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

You see the problem around here is not enough intervention...just a bunch of Mosinitis enablers...:p As your symptoms progress your every waking moment will be occupied by thoughts of the hex versus round receivers; high wall versus beveled; Tula versus Izhevsk, pre-war or post-war; 91/30, M-38 or M-44. Soon, Russian rifles will no longer quell the beast within...you'll need a Finnish model or maybe a 95/30. Your mailman will begin hating you as the weekly arrival of 60lbs of mil-surp ammo start to take it's toll on his back, and what to do with all those commie green cans? You will also find yourself frequently thinking..."I'll bet that stuff will be good to clean the cosmoline off of my new rifle."

If you feel you have a problem...you can find help and support at the link below...

http://7.62x54r.net/

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Time to find yourself a clean M44, oh yeah.

8. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Touche.... :eek:

9. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

My question is there any of the military surplus bolt actions that don't become an obsession. Styers, Mosins, Mausers, Swiss, the aforementioned Arisakas. This is why I applied for a curio license, it would cost too much in transfer fees. I got a feeling I'm going to end up broke wife less but with a very fine collection of ww2 era firearms.

10. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

In other words...happy. :p

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Two in a couple of weeks shows that you are in serious danger of becomin a Mosinaholic. Stop now, before it is too late. Give these two away to keep the object of your disease out of sight. There are ten step programs to help you. I will be happy to take these off your hands, and I will not charge you a disposal fee.

If you decide to be weak and keep the damn things, look at the M-1938s. These are really neat rifles. The M-1891s are also very cool, as are the M-44s. If you like the M-44s there is also the T-53.

These rifles will almost certainly increase in value over the years. Buy them while they are cheap.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Be very choosy with M44s and T53s. Most were manufactured postwar,

if you're going to get a crappy one, only pay what it's worth, like

75$ or so.

There are a lot of really nice ones, some in new to mint

condition. So if you're going to pay top dollar-250$ & up,

be sure to insist on a clean rifle, complete with all the

"tactical" accessories:

cleaning rod

cleaning kit

alignment tool

(new) sling

metal oil/solvent bottle

belted ammo pouches.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Almost bought one this weekend, I saw it at a flea market. It was a 1915 Westinghouse. My friend is building his collection, I told him a little history of the gun, and if he didn't buy it I would. He said he was going to think about it, then my response was its mine, then. He got it for 135$. ;)

14. TacticalSenior

TacticalSenior New Member

Will do in a few more days :)