Bought my first shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by mesinge2, Jul 15, 2010.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

As I ran out of excuses to buy handguns (I have got one for almost every nitch), I bought my first Shotgun.

I wanted something for hunting and self-defense. So I got a Mossberg 535 ATS Field. Its capable of 3.5", 3" and 2.5" shells and came with a 24" and 28" barrel.

As I just got my XDm-45 I was going to wait for a while but I saw it there for $269.00 and had to take the deal. And as I know that "without pics it didn't happen," here you go:

View attachment 16328

P.S. I know nothing about how to clean this beast and there was no manual included. Any advice on disassembly would be appreaciated.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats on the Mossberg shotgun! I wouldn't recommend you take it apart as you'll have to get it pretty dirty to have to clean it. It'll go forever before it gets that dirty. You should be able to contact Mossberg for a manual. The trigger group comes out with 1 pin. You'll also have to watch where the shell holders come out after you pull the trigger group. There'll be nothing holding them in. After that the bolt & bolt carrier will slide out the front.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

You can get a pdf of the manual HERE

4. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Thanks Guys, I read manual off of Mossberg's site and its seems complicated

5. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Nice shotty you have there. I hope to get the Mossberg Mariner 500 in stainless before too long.

6. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

I really like the mossbergs, the gold triggers are sexy! That's a pretty one too, congrats!

7. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Congrats on the purchase! Everyone needs at least one shotgun.

8. rugermatt

rugermatt New Member

you just bought a great American shotgun, congradulations. i have a 500 because my shoulder says no to anything over a 3"shell. this gun will easliy convert to a home defence weapon with an 18.5" barrel. i would recomend a recoil reducing stock also. my mossy serves as both home defence and with the quick change of the barrel my turkey hunting gun. i use it even over my remington 1100 because it is much lighter. and like spittinfire said, every home needs a shotgun, and good choice with the mossberg, the only pump gun to survive and shoot after military testing.

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations from another Mossberg owner. :cool: