Bought my first gun today...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by cmarjeep, Sep 22, 2008.

1. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

I just turned 18 earlier this month so I bought myself a birthday present today. I got a Ruger 10/22 with synthetic stock and stainless barrel. I get to pick it up in 10 days (I hate CA laws:mad:). I need to join the NRA now though. :D I think I am already hooked though. After this gun I'm probably going to pick up a shotty. Just what I need is another addictive hobby. My Jeep already drains my wallet now I'm starting with the guns. :rolleyes:

2. opaww

opaww New Member

Comgratzzzz on the Ruger 10/22 it is a good choice.

3. Musket

Musket New Member

Congratulations! :D

Just as a suggestion, you may want to look up your local gun club and try some trap and skeet. As a warning though---they can be very addictive. ;)

At our club, we have a group of kids from the local college who have a shooting team, and they compete. Nice group of guys--and darn good shots too. ha.

Anyway, I kill clay, although I am not ready for the big leagues anytime soon. I just wear the shooting vest to look cool.... :cool:

4. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Welcome to the addictive world of firearms.

Good choice for your first purchase.

:)

5. hillbilly68

hillbilly68 New Member

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the community, a good start to responsible ownership. Enjoy it and good luck.

6. phins122331

phins122331 New Member

congrats on your purchace with gun ownership comes great responsibility
    be careful and have fun . phins

7. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

Seems a lot of us Jeepers end up talking about this hobby too!!

Are ya on over at JF, a Moderator here is over there, Matt G.

8. BigO01

BigO01 New Member

Welcome to responsible gun ownership !

Nice choice for a first , same as mine many many years ago except mine was blued .

Top her with a scope and she makes a heck of a squirrel rifle .

9. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Welcome! There are a lot of us from jeepforum over here. What part of CA you from?

10. CARNUT1100

CARNUT1100 New Member

Congrats dude!
    You think CA laws suck, I can't own a 10/22 'cause it is an auto......

11. Musket

Musket New Member

forgot to add, that just by coincedence, I am also a Jeep owner (Liberty). I love my little jeep :)

I dont frequent the jeep forums though.

12. TX1911

TX1911 New Member

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the addiction! A 10/22 is a great way to start!!!

13. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm on Jeepforum every day as the same screen name. I'm from NorCal (Roseville specifically). I go up to the national forests up in Foresthill and go target shooting up there with friends a lot but have always used their guns. I'm not much into hunting but I took the hunter safety course anyways just for the safety aspect and because all the stuff is nice to know. I think I need a second job now though.

14. CARNUT1100

CARNUT1100 New Member

You can spend a LOT of money quickly and have a LOT of fun doing it!

15. mossberg kid

mossberg kid New Member

congrats! great choice to start off but something nobody has mentioned yet make sure you never sell it! you will never be able to have two "first gun" good luck and have fun :)

16. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Also remember, a gun doesn't get scratched or marred or dinged. It just gets character.

:cool:

17. SheGUN

SheGUN New Member

Congrats....... Welcome to the addiction!

18. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

19. cmarjeep

cmarjeep New Member

So I was browsing at Wal Mart today and was looking at scopes. Over at rimfirecentral they had a thread on the 3-9x32mm Centerpoint scopes they had at Wal Mart. Everyone had good things to say about it so I picked one up ($50). Got it all mounted up and it seems to be really good quality for the price. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I think it is a great scope for what I needed.