Bought my first ak. How I do?

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by mowzer, Mar 3, 2012.

1. mowzer

mowzer New Member

Preban Norinco MAK-91 with original and choate stocks and one clip. Is $750 a good price. I know the prebans are sot by collectors and hold their value well. I just couldn't find much on the MAK-91 models price.

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Sounds OK, but I guess the ultimate collector's

question is: "Was it worth it to you ?"

IMO, if it's been shot a lot, or you intend to

shoot it a lot, you may have bought the wrong gun.

OTOH, it's probably a very respectable collector's item...

3. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

Mac-91

Mowzer i think you did good and got a real good gun. I have a NHM-91 20" barrel it's awesome. Have you shot it yet? I feel you did real good on price they get $700 for wasr by me. Hey great gun good luck...

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You'll need to get a magazine before you can shoot it. :eek:

5. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

I guess we better get some ammo too.

6. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Ummmm Cane, don't think he got it.......

7. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

What? the clip holds the bullets. And the bullets shoot when u pull the trigger. :rolleyes:

8. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

Oh don't worry i got it so he said clip instead of mag. Big deal maybe he doesn't realize the difference. If it bothers you then why not just explain it rather then mocking someone. I thought these forums were supposed to be friendly and helpful, maybe i'm just reading into it wrong but it just didn't sound right to me.

9. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

The first two posts after the the OP pretty much covered the serious stuff. The mag /clip thing is a running gag in any firearms forum. Its all good, lock your safety.

10. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

It's all education man. Everyone has got to stop being so damn sensitive. We like to have fun here and we like to joke around. Yes, we call people out on stupid things like that but they learn from it. Now, if someone is outright being a bully or trolling, we put a quick stop to that. We are troll hunters errrrrrr! People come to FTF to learn, not to be ridiculed. But a little comradery between friends is all we're trying to accomplish, as well as a learning experience.

11. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

My first AK

I got it, thats why i said maybe i'm reading into it wrong. I'm all for fun and enjoy this forum and others. My appologies. Actually i didn't even have a computor until late 2009 was a nervous wreck just joining these forums, but i needed something to fill many voids in my life. Pushing 68 i do have respect for all opions, my elders and anyone who is sincere and honest. Never thought i would see the day that we are grateful for having a place to be able to talk about guns, that being said safety on. You all have a great day"

12. mowzer

mowzer New Member

Thank for all the comments. For some reason I didn't get them all til just now. I am going out tomorrow to shoot it. I don't plan on using it for an everyday shooting gun. I think I just entered into the collectors mindset now too for the first time. lol. Well maybe I'll get a slide fire stock and put it through it's paces. lol j/k. Thanks again I couldn't find much on the price, but seems like I did alright.

13. mowzer

mowzer New Member

And by the way my my desert eagle clip holds less rounds than my ar's magazine. If you were wondering.

14. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Well, they're both still calle.....ah never mind.

15. Soliferrum

Soliferrum New Member

cane is one of the better ones brother, believe me, there are a lot of people on here that will flare up on you once you open your mouth on different particulars. you'll know when you run into them. even if you have yourself experienced something about some firearms, youre a retard and it never happened, at that point-

"Just walk away, Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror." -Lord Humungus

16. bartwatkins

bartwatkins Member

Finally a fellow appreciator of the grave awesomeness of Lord Humungous!!!!!
    [​IMG]

17. mowzer

mowzer New Member

I don't write on forums. I should have read what I wrote before I sent it. I appreciate the guy who stood up for me and I do agree that people should explain the difference, but you also gotta make fun of the new guy. I know there is a difference I just wasn't paying attention. It's just like someone saying 'I want to get a silencer someday'. You all are very knowledgeable and the reason I don't write more on here is because I can find my answers just by looking thru the forums.

18. aktommysks

aktommysks New Member

no problem mowzer, i didn't mean to offend anyone thats why i said maybe i'm reading into it wrong. I also am not very familiar with these forums. I belong to a couple of others and never had a problem, not that this was a big deal it's just not what i'm looking for. I'm going to take a break from the forums and hang out with my bubbies and have some fun. Good luck with the gun, it is a great gun and you did good on the price IMHO Tommy"

19. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

I dont think a Mak-91 is a pre-ban model Mak= modified AK so they could come into the country