Bought a Norinco 'm4'..

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Javierzzz28, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Javierzzz28

Javierzzz28 New Member

I like this gun,i want to buy an ACOG ,have any advice?thx xD

Attached Files:

2. kaido

kaido New Member

My advice, put a couple boxes through it with no optics......but that's just me. I just think everyone should use iron sights of any firearm if thier provided before they add to it.

3. Javierzzz28

Javierzzz28 New Member

thank you kaido,help me a lot

4. kaido

kaido New Member

Not a problem ;) haha

If I actually knew something about ACOG style sights, I'd give some real advice. However we can't do a whole lot with AR style rifles up my way so I just avoid them all together thus I haven't used anything similar to what you're looking for.

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I've used several different ACOG's and I love them. If you're already familiar with iron sights, get an ACOG. If you're not familiar, shoot a few hundred rounds with the irons first. Then message me and I can hook you up with an ACOG cheaper than anyone else around. This is the ACOG I prefer (with green reticle): http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA26S-10

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

When your arms get too short to read the newspaper, you will change your opinion about optics. :p

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

or if you have two sets of glasses. one set of reading glasses and another so you can see everything else!:eek:

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I do not think Norinco AR's are even legal in the US. The Canadians still allow the importation of Chinese made guns. If someone brought this in from Canada, you may have some issues with the ATF.

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

Well crap. That's me.

10. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i guess i'm not the only can't see blind guy shooting rifles!:p

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is the acog i use in green http://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TA31F with this mount http://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/187/

stay as far away from those crappy larue mounts as you can. almost ruined my acog trying to remove stripped larue screws.

i prefer the 4x acogs with the green fiber optics they act as a rds and a magnified optic. the reticle i have is a 556 reticle but it works very well with 308 out of a 16" barrel on my scar17. i put it on my ar15 now and then as well.

the green is more visible than red in low light and against green backgrounds. yellow is the worst color for a reticle because it fades faster than red which fades faster than green. this works different with folks that are partially color blind...

your going to be hard pressed to find a better ar15 optic. the glass is amazingly clear you dont have to muck with settings once its zeroed and its damn near bullet proof, literally.

12. Javierzzz28

Javierzzz28 New Member

thank you JonM...thanks your advice!

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Go for it.