Bought a new toy.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Rick1967, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was over at Cabelas and saw a beautiful Kahr CM9. It was in with the used stuff. It was listed as used. But you couldn't tell to look at it. They had $399 marked on it. The salesman wasn't allowed to drop the price, but he pulled a $20 coupon from his pocket and gave it to me. After checking all the other shops in town I decided to buy it. Got it home and broke it down to clean it. It still had the packing grease in it! I dont think it was ever fired. I ran 100 rounds of FMJ through it without a single issue. Then I put a few mags of JHP through. Awsome gun. I was just trying to see if it was going to have any failures. I wasn't trying to be accurate. But I kept all the rounds on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper at about 15 yards. Pretty good for goofing around . I have replaced my J frame for pocket carry. I would rather carry 7 rounds of 9mm than 5 of 38 special any day.

2. Rick1967

I have put the J-frame in the pic for a size reference. I believe the CM9 is the smallest gun that Kahr makes without going down to a .380. It is considerably smaller that the CW9. It even pocket carries better than my J-Frame.

Attached Files:

3. Rick1967

There are not too many guns you can hide under a J-Frame.

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Great choice Rick! I wish the CM line had been available in this size when I bought my PM 9 4 years ago. Kahr did a great job bringing down the price with cost cutting design changes that in no way reduced the functionality, reliability, or accuracy of this great little 9.

My PM 9 has become my daily carry gun and I'm sure your CM 9 wil serve you just as well.:)

Tack

5. Rick1967

It is in my pocket right now. I plan on shooting the crap out of it. I was suprised how light the recoil is on it for such a small and light gun. I was able to do double taps at 15 yards. The two holes were about 4 inches apart. And that was a seriously rapid double tap.