Bought a new toy to play with.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Txhillbilly, May 2, 2010.

1. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I've always been a dinosaur when it comes to buying new fangled gadgets,but every once in a while I'll buy something new to try out.

I've looked at all the different electronic powder dispensers for years. When they first came out they were very slow,and the electric scales weren't very good,so it took longer to get a powder charge from them than you could measure by hand with a beam scale.

I decided to get one of these things. I bought the SmartReloader. It is about the same size as the RCBS,and actually looks like it. But it has a 2 year warranty,where as RCBS,Lyman,PACT only have a 1 year warranty on theirs.

It was also priced less than the others,I paid $225 for this one.

I'm going to go give it a tryout tonight,and see if it was money well spent or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That looks pretty nice. Let us know how it works for you.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

I tried out the SmartReloader and it worked perfectly. It is simple to setup and run.It is right on the money with the loads,I weighed several charges with my RCBS beam scale,and they weighed the same.

The speed of this thing could be faster,but it's ok.I can still load faster with my manual powder dispensers,but it does take more time getting them setup.
    One thing I do like is that after it dispenses the charge,and you remove the powder pan and load your case,as soon as you replace the pan on the scale it starts automatically dispensing another load.If you don't want another charge,you just hit stop.

Overall,I'm pleased with this scale/powder dispenser,and I'm sure it will get used alot.