Bought a new 4" Nickel S&W M29 today for a steal of a deal

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by glock2740, Jul 10, 2010.

1. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I found them on clearance at Adventure Outdoors in Atlanta, GA for $679.99!You can't beat that price for a brand new in the box 4" Nickel finished Model 29 .44 Magnum. They normally sell them there for $800. I called my FFL back in Arkansas and they are are shipping it to him on Monday. $763 OTD and shipped! I'll post pictures soon.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You sure you didn't just get a stainless 629? I'm not aware of a 29 being made for some time and one NIB would not find it's way on clearance by anyone who knew what they were looking at.

3. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Model 29 Classic .44 Magnum 4 Inch Barrel Nickel Finish 6 Round
    I was in Adventure Outdoors myself this week and looked at that S&W. I passed because I want a 19 or 586. They did have a couple of 27's and a 28 that were hard to pass up.
    While I was there I got a price on an FNH PS90. $1399+ tax. I went down the road to another dealer who says he will match Adventure Outdoors prices. No dice. The other dealer could not even match the Adventure Outdoors new price with a used gun he had.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  4. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Pics or it didn't happen, :D

Seriously, I am jealous. I have always wanted a Nickel model 29

5. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Model 29 Classic .44 Magnum 4 Inch Barrel Nickel Finish 6 Round
    Here's the add. Why don't you call them and ask them if they actually know if they aren't trying to sell a stainless 629, and they must think that it's a nickle 29? Notice that the picture is of the blued model, but the ACU#150255, means that it has a nickel finish. Do you really think that I'm stupid enough to buy a gun and not know what it is? If you are not aware of the Model 29 being made, then you might want to do a little homework. Your post has to be the stupidest and most out of line post I've seen on ANY board in a long time, if not ever. What a clown.

6. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I'll be sure to post a pic of it Monday. I didn't have my camera with me and since I'm from Arkansas, and bought the gun in Georgia, I have to have it shipped to my FFL, instead of being able to leave the store with it. I'll make sure I post some pics that show that I actually bought a Model 29 in nickle, instead of the stainless 629 that spittinfire insists that I'm too dumb to know the difference between.

7. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Product: Model 29 - S&W Classics - 4" - Nickel

Someone better call S&W and tell them to take this off their website, as this was copied from it just 2 minutes ago. They need to be contacted and told that they don't even realize that they don't even know what they are showing. They must think that this is actually a stainless 629.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  8. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

9. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Glock2740, looks like a good deal on a fine gun. The cheapest used one I saw on Gunbroker.com has a starting bid of $750, but most were in the $1,000 range. Enjoy your new "baby".
    Georgia Arms - .44 REM MAG
    Try this outfit for some ammo for the .44 The .44 has an expensive diet if you shoot factory ammo.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, a self appointed name of glock, a 1911 avatar and now a M29 snagged at a steal!

Two out of three ain't bad. I may even warm up to you.

First thing I'd do is take the Target Grips off and put them in a safe place.

Then look into getting a Hogue Monogrip. Trust me on this one, and you will thank me!

The big square butt Target Grip looks and feels great until you pull the loud switch on some hand rolled hot loads. Then they suck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Very good call. I've already put 5 different wooden Hogues in my favorites list. Now I just have to choose 1...or 2...or possibly even 3:D

12. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

LOL:D Obviously you're not a Glock fan I take it. ;) 1911's, sweet revolvers and Glocks are 3 of my favorite platforms. I have several other style's and models also, but 2 outta 3 ain't bad I guess. ;)

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I'm serious about putting the Target Grips in a safe place.

You will increase your re-sale value by 20% if you have pristine stocks.

14. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  15. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

Good looking guns and grips.

16. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

17. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Dude, you overreacted to the first post questioning, in error, what he thought was an older model pistol on a clearance rack as NIB. He wasn't taking a shot at you and you ripped him in 3 or 4 duplicate posts. Now you're doing it again...chill out!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  18. glock2740

glock2740 New Member

I hear you loud and clear, but I'm not gonna take some trash talk laying down. I responded to what was given. And as for the other guy that jumped in and called me an *******, I responded as needed. I clearly stated my point. I posted the straight up facts. And to be called names for doing so,...well, that doesn't sit well with me, and I will respond as need be.

19. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

It's alright Spitt. It's a S&W "Classic" series revolver. . . not an actual Model 29. Smith and Wesson launched their classic series years ago and the guns do represent the original design, but they are equipped with the infamous "internal locking" devise that many shooters despise (I really don't care. Unlock gun, throw away key, what's the problem??? :confused:)

Still one hell of a deal. I would of picked it up myself.

Take it easy Glock-Boy! Many folks might misunderstand a proclamation of purchasing an actual Model 29 for that price.

Even so. . . Congrats on your new purchase! That will be a wonderful addition to your collection and fun to shoot. But, as stated before .44s are extremely expensive to feed . . .and hard to find food for, so stock up while you can!

20. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Geezz! Simmer down there killer. :rolleyes:

Maybe YOU should have named this thread "Bought a new 4" Nickel S&W M29 CLASSIC SERIES REVOLVER today for a steal" To avoid confusion? :confused:

Could be read differently by others. . .