Bought a Henry 22 today.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by towboater, May 31, 2012.

1. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I've heard many good things about these. So I bought one today to play with. I shot about 50 rounds through it. No jams or misfires. It has a very smooth lever action. The sights are pretty much on target, right out of the box. I recommend it. Hard to beat for the price. I paid $258.00 out the door.

[​IMG]

Now my 39A has a buddy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. nukinfuts29

nukinfuts29 New Member

Henry makes a solid gun

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Oh, Towboater, it's beautiful. I have my eye on a Henry Lever, myself. The one I'm looking at is the youth model. It fits me perfect.

4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Thanks WOC. Actually.... I was thinking of you when I bought it. I remembered you were looking for one. I hope you are able to get yours real soon. Until then, You are welcome to come shoot this one anytime.

5. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

henry .22

Excellent choice!:) Cliff

6. 3spur

3spur New Member

I have a Henry 22 mag lever action and love it, so easy to shoot. No problems with it so far, and I've shot around 200 rounds in it.

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Nice. The brass guns they make are too hefty and the design of the stock being what is generally referred to as "traditional" means you can't get a proper cheek weld tho -- hope this is better.
    Enjoy and safe shooting!

8. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I like mine. Never a hint of trouble. Fun to shoot.

9. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Can't go wrong with a Henry. If you are looking for something bigger check out the Big Boy Henry. You will love them also.

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Would love to have a Big boy.

Honestly, I want a 45-70, but good lord, it's like $2 a round

11. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Been thrilled with my son's youth model .22lr, Had it nearly 3 years and not an issue.
    Best of luck with yours.

12. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

Looks like it's time for a new hobby! Reloading!
    That will bring that price down big time.:D

13. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It's a lot cheaper when you reload,;)

14. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Henry makes an octogon barrel model I've had my eye on but then I look at the pump model and can't decide which one. I like that they offer both in 22 mag as well which is quite a step up.

I w like to think if the ammo cost more I would take more time between shots. I'm a fan of the 22 Mag.