bought a glock 19 today

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by lonewolf101, Sep 6, 2011.

1. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I have to wait 48hours to bring it home. - Dam waiting periods! I looked in back of the recipt and it says after the 48 they do another one for 72 why? afarid they miss something on the first 48?.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I am envious. I have no idea what the 72 hours refer to on your receipt. I have never seen anything like that on my receipts on purchases I have made in WI.

Enjoy your G19.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Ive never understood the waiting period, i have a long history as a LEO and even before tht i never had to wait when buying a firearm. My background check is called in and im out the door with my gun.. I have friends tht have been in the military or are still serving go in and buy a gun and get flagged for a waiting period...???? I dont know

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Most southern states allow you to take your firearm purchase upon immediately upon passing the background check. Many states in other locations require a waiting period on handguns (WI is one). And some states have waiting periods on all guns.

What gripes me is WI's $35 fee for the state background check on top of the Federal Gov's.

5. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Dam, here in AZ once you get your CCW, they don't even call it in. 5 minutes max to fill out paperwork and check out with gun in hand.

No CCW then they call it in. It's either good or hold. But either way no wait period. Kinda scary. No wonder everyone is getting shot up. To easy to get a gun.

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

WTH... No fee here

7. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

Here in Tennessee, it's a $10 fee for the background and once you pass it's out the door with your new gun. This goes for pistols, rifles, and shotguns.

8. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

No fees or waiting when I lived in LA either. MY LGS tells me the former governor of WI wanted a $100 fee on state handgun checks, but $35 is all he could get through the legislature.

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Same here in Idaho. Every gun I've bought face to face has been in AZ or Idaho so I've never had a waiting period. But I don't agree that it's scary or too easy, it's the way it should be for an honest citizen.

Now a few online purchases have been sloooowww! :p

10. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

A $35 fee :eek:. I believe the fee here is only $5.

11. paulbrower

paulbrower New Member

That's weird ... I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes (Missouri) to buy a gun.

12. ahole

ahole New Member

Guys I have said this before I love Mississippi, and our 0 waiting period.

13. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

here in california its $25 for the background check and a 10 day waiting period on long guns and pistols.

14. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

When I used to live in Arizona back in the 90's I never had to wait!! also this is the first hangun that I bought in years and I didnt know now you have to fill out two forms! before you had just 1. Also I had to pay 13 for my background check.

15. FCross7

FCross7 New Member

In Florida it's $5 for the background check, and there's only a waiting period on handguns, which is 3 days. However, if you have a CWP, the waiting period is waived, which is nice.

-Fred

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I know of several women in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia That did not live long enough to complete their purchase because of the long waiting period. You cant wait a week when someone like an ex husband is out to kill you. Restraining orders really dont work well.

17. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice pick. I have a 19 and i love it. I just got done having a laser installed on top of it. Your going to really like it. Congrats again. Ed

18. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

If buying a handgun in WI then its one form for feds and one for the state = two forms.

Only one form on a long gun or an other (e.g. stripped lower).

19. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

In GA, I only have to wait until I fill out the paperwork. HAAAAALLLEEEELLLLUUUJJJAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

20. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

I use to own this gun years ago it's fun to shoot! very mild recoil and it's CHEAP to reload also!.