Bought a bag-o-gun

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by krosskelt, Dec 1, 2013.

1. krosskelt

krosskelt New Member

Bought a Taurus 24/7. The slide was disassembled. A couple of the springs were missing so I got it for $50. I cerakoted the slide and have been looking for parts. Called Taurus and they won't sell me the springs I need. Any options other than sending it to Taurus?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Check with Wolff Springs. They may have what you need.

3. ICleanBrassWithJager

ICleanBrassWithJager New Member

You could check eBay

4. Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al New Member

Check with Brownell's too. They carry a LOT of gun parts.

5. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I would LOVE to buy a "Bag-O-Gun". Somehow, the opportunity has never come up. I know a guy who got a Springfield 1911 in very similar shape, and did just what you did, OP. I shot it, it's actually a very nice gun, compared to what he paid for it. I think he said he's got about 250-300 in it, and that included some extra nice Wilson Combat parts that it probably didn't technically need.

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

One more reason not to love Taurus. Maybe you should assemble it without the parts and send it in for repair under their warranty. You might ,maybe, possibly get it back functioning after a few tries and then maybe not.

7. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Yeah, what is their warranty, and why won't they sell you parts?

8. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

It has been a long time since he bought the bag o' gun. By now, he has either completed it or junked it.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  9. Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al New Member

It's a lifetime warranty. Contact their service department and see what they can do.

10. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

The lifetime warranty is good even if you bought it used. Being a taurus, it could have come from the factory in that condition.

11. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I have a 24/7. Not even my backup gun, just one I picked up for a good price new.
    Shoots fine, never had an issue. I'm a 1911 guy so I'm not floating over from Taurus heaven to spread the gospel nor bash them. Just saying it has been a good, dependable handgun.

12. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Considering that the original post was back in December 2013, and the OP has not updated, I believe that this thread should be labeled "Zombie" as it refuses to die.

13. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Taurus will fix it free for you if you pay shipping...can't go wrong there.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes you can when you have to send it back 3 times and it still does not get repaired.

15. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

I wonder if Big gay Al is really gay? boy what an avatar Title.

16. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Bag o gun sounds like a shady deal on the south side of Chicago.

17. Longnkrnch

Longnkrnch New Member

Heck Taurus supposedly has a lifetime warranty. Just send it to them and tell em it flew apart while you were shootin it.

18. Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al New Member

I doubt it. Every new Taurus I've ever owned worked fantastically, right out of the box.

19. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

There have been many problems with Taurus products although some people have good luck and stand behind them. I base my opinion on the poor workmanship of the early revolvers and that Taurus bought the name Rossi ( a quality firearm) and lowered the standards to the same level as Taurus.

20. Big Gay Al

Big Gay Al New Member

To each his own. I've never seen a Taurus product that came from the factory missing parts. If it had, all you had to do was send it back for repair or replacement.

As for Rossi, I recall hearing bad things about them in the 1980's. Long before Taurus ever bought the name.

I've learned over the years, with regard to Taurus, you either love them or hate them. Apparently there's no in between.