Boredom...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kaido, Apr 8, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Alright, so I'm bored out of my skull here and wasn't able to go shoot my new targets that used to be my proof of registration for my longguns (rifles/shot gun) and now I'm curious.

What's some of the things you guys do when your so bored your ready to beat your head off the wall because it would be more amusing?

2. big_blue79

big_blue79 New Member

Listen to music, disassemble and clean my guns, make something to eat, eat said meal, watch tv, find something my truck needs worked on, garden, my list goes on and on..

3. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Read. Tv. Videos games. Reload. Clean guns. Sleep. That's what I do.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

That's why many of us have other hobbies. I do a lot of woodworking. If you add that in with school, work, and shooting, I have a lot to do. :D

5. VikingGuy

VikingGuy New Member

watch TV or movies, web surfing, read books or magazines, plan next trip to the range.

6. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Read, politics/current events, Battlefield 3 (video game), further tweak my computer (I build custom computers), technology forum, research my next gun purchase, guitar, play with the cat :) and more!

7. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

This is not about where you are today, its how you got there?:confused:

8. kaido

kaido New Member

I was actually thinking about getting into reloading for something to do at these times. But I just bought my first centerfire rifle and it would of been pointless to buy the equipment before I had something to use it for.

Glad I'm not the only one who plays BF3, out of curiosity, which system(s) do you have it for?

9. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

It's fun! I do it when I'm bored. I go to my "man cave" put on some tunes and just chill.

10. 2ndAmendmentFreedom

2ndAmendmentFreedom New Member

Something really overkill :) I'll PM you the specs.

EDIT: realized I misinterpreted your question, I play exclusively on PC.

11. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Sleep. Prepare for retirement.

12. akers06

akers06 New Member

I work two jobs, go to college, and have a wife and 3 kids at home so I don't have a lot of down time but when I do I like to shoot or mess around with my guns, or go out fishing or right now at this time of year I've been doing a lot of turkey scouting getting ready for the season to come in April 23rd

13. kaido

kaido New Member

That's the same thing I would be doing. But it does sound like it would be fun, I've always loved to do different things and trying to push the limits of everything. Reloading sounds like it would give a great way to push the limits of a firearms. (accuracy/distance wise)

Haha it's alright, I've done the same thing with a couple questions I've been asked.

........I shall never retire now. Even if I'm that "creepy old guy" who's putting bags of chips on the self at the local corner store. Haha

14. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Youtube videos, vid games, study, hw, college, friends, parties, EAT, go and shoot, offroading in my new new truck :), fishing...just some of the things i do :D

15. kaido

kaido New Member

That's why I'm thinking of selling my car. It's a little to low to take off road, unless it's onto the neighbors lawn. If i could, I'd go out shooting right now, but my car has yet another issue, dang thing isn't insured because of a failed inspection. I do like the thought of eating though.....haven't done that yet today.

16. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Can't my truck off road, needs to much fixing. Headed to the range shortly thankfully. Food is always a viable option for boredom. I watch tv or clean some my guns, or sleep when I'm bored.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

17. kaido

kaido New Member

I might actually clean my rifles today. But have to fill out my passport application first. Think my cleanest rifle as of now is also my newest one.

18. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Just cooked venison and rice with my girl :)...turned out pretty good...and food is always a viable option for me including: studying, tv, video games, sitting around and when BORED

19. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Geta saltwater fish tank. Always something strange in there to look at.

20. kaido

kaido New Member

Me and the girlfriend have that all worked out. She's the fish/reptile but and I'm the gun nut. Way we've got it worked out? She can have an entire room for her fishy stuff so long as I can have at least the garage for anything range related, including firearms and such. Haha