Bore snake camera

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Diesel3, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Diesel3

Diesel3 Active Member

Anyone use a bore snake camera to inspect your barrel and other insides not visible without disassembly?
    Thinking about getting one. So many to choose from wasnt sure which are really worth the $$$.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

You can order a cheap bore scope from China through Wish or AliExpress

3. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’ve never used one on a gun barrel. Used to work in the gundrilling industry (gundrill means deep hole, not necessarily on gun barrels, that’s where they name comes from but we never made any gun barrels- except tank barrels) and so I’ve used them quite a bit. The stuff that we had was top of the line- so pretty pricey. As far as the cheap ones you guys are talking about- I can’t imagine the picture being particularly good. Personally- all I check is the crowns on my barrels.

4. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

5. AgedWarrior

AgedWarrior Well-Known Member

https://www.teslong.com/Rifle-Borescope/TESLONG_borescope
    I have been using one of these for about a year now. Works good, sufficient for my needs. Does not work with iPad or iPhone, but good with Windows and Android. I took a chance on it, price was excellent. Picture clarity is good. I have used far better scopes examining turbine engines, but this one makes me pretty happy to date.

6. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

BullMoose429 likes this.
  7. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter