Firearms Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use a bore snake camera to inspect your barrel and other insides not visible without disassembly?
Thinking about getting one. So many to choose from wasnt sure which are really worth the $$$.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
You can order a cheap bore scope from China through Wish or AliExpress

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I’ve never used one on a gun barrel. Used to work in the gundrilling industry (gundrill means deep hole, not necessarily on gun barrels, that’s where they name comes from but we never made any gun barrels- except tank barrels) and so I’ve used them quite a bit. The stuff that we had was top of the line- so pretty pricey. As far as the cheap ones you guys are talking about- I can’t imagine the picture being particularly good. Personally- all I check is the crowns on my barrels.

·
Premium Member
10,179 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
https://www.teslong.com/Rifle-Borescope/TESLONG_borescope
I have been using one of these for about a year now. Works good, sufficient for my needs. Does not work with iPad or iPhone, but good with Windows and Android. I took a chance on it, price was excellent. Picture clarity is good. I have used far better scopes examining turbine engines, but this one makes me pretty happy to date.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts