Bolt jeweling, I do this!

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by da357mag, Mar 20, 2011.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a CZ452 bolt I did for a member of another forum, Iv'e been doing this for awhile now as a side income. I stand behind my work 100%, it doesn't leave until I am happy with it! And I have polished off more than a couple because they didn't come out right!:eek: PM me if interested, my rates are good! thanks for looking!:) Doug

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

One thing you might do is tell us a little about youself in the introduction section for newcomers. You will also make more than a few members unhappy by just jumping in and advertising work that you do, We do have a "paid" "VENDORS" section in our forum for that purpose. Lastly, when jeweling, you would be far better off staggering your pattern rather than doing it straight line. Other than that, welcome to the forum..................

Jim...........

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Welcome to the FTF, neighbor!!

4. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I wasn't

Trying to PO anybody, I am new and I didn't know about a personnel profile, or what ever you called it and I have tried staggering the pattern and was told
    the pattern I do now is more attractive! I wasn't trying to PI!!@@# anybody off so don't worry abour it I WONT BE BACK! tHank you!:mad: I have now deleted this forum from my computer GOODDAY!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

wow...kinda thin skinned. :confused:

6. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I don't see anything in your post that was uncalled for or rude. I don't think he will be missed.

7. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Oh well, just trying to be a little constructive to better his work and get him properly introduced. Being as you said, thin skined, he probably would not have lasted too long anyway.

Jim...........

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

He wasn't here to contribute-
    He was here to get paid -------

9. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

Where's the Ponch picture? That guy really deserved it.

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Attached Files:

11. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Wow, that was almost a nervous breakdown.... meh, jeweling a bolt isnt that hard anyway, anyone who wanted it done would be better off just learning how to do it themselves and saving some money.

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Will this work for you Ma'am?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

WOW two post in this thread and he ran away. Are we really that bad?

I for one don't think he did all that good of a job. Some lines are 3/4 showing other are 1/4 showing.

5 seconds and I found a great video on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7xNhUyufEY]YouTube - How to Jewel a Rifle Bolt for a Custom Look[/ame]

14. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Someone must be really emotional....

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

He certainly has that "I'm an artiste! How dare you question my talent!" thing down. He doesn't get full points though, he missed the "You'll never work in this town again!" rant.

16. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

exactly........

17. MrBot

MrBot New Member

Wow! How'd u like doing business with him! ..am looking for someone to jewel a bolt on a Mossberg 500, but I don't think it'll be him! Maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. lol

18. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

One note regarding the video. Midway no longer carries the jig as many folks made their own out of wood so they don't carry what they can't sell. They do have the jeweling tool and replacement grit sticks though so $30 bucks could set you up for the DIY folks. BTW check you tube for MORE Midway Bolt jeweling vids.

19. Artbrownsr

Artbrownsr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Yes we are that bad to those that wish to be sensitive to what others think and ready for rejection. Now ME, I'm thick skinned AND thick headed, so I don't get offended easy and it takes a big stick to the skull sometimes to get the point through!