Bolt coming out of CZ455 American during charging

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JazzDoc, Aug 15, 2014.

1. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Supporting Member Supporter

I have a CZ455 American .22LR. Nice bolt action rifle.
    I replaced the trigger with a Geissele SSA a while ago with about a 2 - 2.5 lb pull. Breaks beautifully.

But now, every few shots, the bolt comes out of the chamber when I charge the rifle.

Anyone know what's wrong and how to address the problem?

Thanks.

2. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

not sure i can Help you, but who's the Bully? here is My "Son".....
    Meet 'Sgt. Gator"

Attached Files:

3. JazzDoc

CORRECTION: Sorry, it was a Rifle Basix trigger I put into the CZ455, NOT a Geissele!!! (Little brain fart there.)

DrFootball, that's a really nice bulldog you have there! Great layback, wonderful head and nice rose ears!
    The bulldog in my avatar is now in Bully heaven, his name was "Doc" and he was awesome too. We've had many over the years - got a really handsome one now named "Sumo"! :D

4. Hookeye

Hookeye Active Member

Some .22 LR require the trigger to be pulled substantially rearward for bolt removal.
    Depending on trigger design and adjustments, you can take too much creep out and possibly lower the bolt stop.

I tried to adj a Savage Anschutz 141 to have less creep and ended up with the condition you describe. So I put it back to normal weirdo German trigger settings and never had a problem.

Hate slop or creep, so sold that rig.

5. JazzDoc

Hookeye, you da man. That sounds like what may well be going on - this trigger has about NO creep.