Bolt action at Appleseed?

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Vincine, May 10, 2012.

1. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Anybody here go to an Appleseed weekend?

I’ve a .22lr bolt action I’m learning how to use. How important is it to have a semi to get the most out of an Appleseed weekend? Is the time you have to acquire and fire on different targets a critical part of the program? I can’t find sufficient detail on this, just general descriptions of the ranges and positions.

(Actually, now that I think about it, wouldn’t muzzle loaders be more apropos?)

2. srb4085

srb4085 New Member

I have been to a number of Appleseeds over the last several years and am an Instructor in Training with RWVA. There is much to learn at an Appleseed event regardless of the style of rifle you bring. You will find that it is a slight handicap in trying to qualify as a Rifleman. The middle two stages of the AQTs are 10 round seated and 10 rounds rapid prone. Working the bolt and reloading a bolt gun just takes longer. There have been a number of people who have qualified with a bolt gun and you will learn so much either way that I encourage you to sign up for a shoot. Check out :
    www.appleseedinfo.com for shoots in your state. For a good independent report on by a recent attendee, check out www.carteach0.blogspot.com.

Hope to see you soon on the Appleseed trail.

Corvette

3. armoredman

armoredman Member

Wish there was one close to here. Someday.

4. srb4085

srb4085 New Member

The have them in Buckeye, Kingman and Sierra Vista this year. Are any of these close?

Srb4085 (Corvette)

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter