Bodyguard 380 Ejection

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by E-Rez, Sep 2, 2011.

1. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

Hi all. I put a quick dozen rounds through my new bodyguard this afternoon without a hicup. After getting back in the house and inspecting the firearm, I noticed the casings weren't quite clearing the top of the ejection port right above the extractor (black finish has worn off a tiny bit). Should I be concerned about this?

I'll be putting more rounds through her tomorrow mid day when the skeeters aren't as ferocious. It's a sweet little shooter :)

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

So what's up?

Are you still having ejection issues?

[​IMG]

3. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

You can see the dimple in the casing. What I originally thought was the finish wearing off was apparently just a brass deposit since it came off with a cleaning. It wasn't clearing the top part of the ejection port "flare".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Does the brass hit you while shooting or is this purely an aesthetic issue?

I would pose the question to the FFL you purchased the gun from.

Is there a witness mark where the extractor grabs the brass?

My guess (I have not shot the Bodyguard) is it's a new gun with a tight extractor and needs to have the snot shot out of it.*

* If it still does this after 300-400 rounds downrange you've got an issue.

5. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

A few would arch over my head, while the remainder would eject to the right. Until I have a failure, it's an aesthetic issue. Is the witness mark you ask of the spot on the rim where the extractor is grabbing it? If so, yes, there's a clear gouge on the rim from the extractor.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, it's tight.

I wouldn't worry about it until the gun is (I hate to use this term) broken-in.

Keep your eye on it and if it gets worse, stop back and we'll get 'er fixed. :eek:

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Shooting with a friend today and while watching him I noticed mine ejects straight back on many occasions.

8. E-Rez

E-Rez New Member

A'ight, thanks guys.