Bob the Plumbers comment on kids deaths in recent shooting spree

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by ccase39, May 29, 2014.

1. ccase39

ccase39 New Member

He said something to his effect of "Your dead kid does not trump my second amendment right"
    To me people like this do more to hurt the argument to protect the second amendment than help it. Guys like this and Ted Nugent who public go off like gun toting radicals give everyone who supports the 2nd amendment a black eye.
    The media also says that pro second amendment people have called family members of the kids who got killed in Sandy Hook and told them it was a hoax
    Created by anti second amendment rights groups.

I believe that maybe there is a hoax, but I believe its a hoax purportrated by the liberal media saying these things to make second amendment supporters look bad.
    The liberal media will have someone go out after one of these tragedies and pose as a second amendment supporter saying these outlandish things to make us look bad.

I think the statement above by the Plumber guy are making second amendment supporters look bad.
    They actually scare me worse than the liberal media.

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Can you provide us with a link to this article?

3. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

It gets so grotesque that you would think its a hoax or provocation. I hope it is this time, but if not - you said it all.

4. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Way to go Joe and Ted

5. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

@ccase39 you're losing it man lol. I think it was well said and it's definetly NOT a hoax.

6. FernandoTheCommando

It wasn't meant to provoke anything and if you REALLY read it, he wasn't saying anything bad about "dead kids". He's a father as well. When you take one line out of context like that, it sounds bad. He's mad that they are using dead kids (again like Newtown) to push an agenda.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

but of course, those across the way who believe in liberal gun control measures are going touse one paragraph taken out of context to further demean us the law abiding gun owner.

what we have is a very tragic event, with the liberal media and politicians trying again to further an agenda against guns, who without any real caring for the victims or their families, no matter what they say in front of the cameras.

but what would be more tragic is the inability for any parent to have the right to protect their children if we enact more and restrictive gun laws. if anyone can ever show e one single instance where a criminal or a mentally defective person followed on gun law, restriction or ban, then i will concede that maybe gun control laws might work. i rest confident that will never happen.

8. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Ah gee another hot head going at the situation all wrong. Some people don't think before they form sentences.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

What he said was callous and stupid. He made headlines. One was delivered onto my home page. If we ever lose 2A it will be because of him and the like. We are such a zoo, the gun controllers could put us in cages and label Don't Feed.

10. Axxe55

wow, just wow. if you truly believe the nonsense you just said, then please by all means turn your guns in for a set of knitting needles.

Attached Files:

11. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Agreed! When in the political arena you really gotta choose your words correctly.

12. Axxe55

sometimes you have to be blunt and speak the truth.

you know what political correctness is?

it's not saying something, out of fear of hurting people's feelings, who can't or won't face the truth.

13. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

He's correct a murder victim does not trump our rights. What's so terrible about that?

14. jakeball

jakeball New Member

Im not saying he's wrong on what he said but his presentation was a bit rough.

15. Axxe55

exactly!

should we relinquish a bit more of our rights everytime someone is murdered?

rather odd, that in light of this tragic event, nothing once has been said about banning or restricting knives or cars.

16. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

The problem is that the guy supports gun rights most on this forum support gun rights, So you would assume that they would try and convince others to support their view. Sometimes people should think before they open their mouths, what he said will do nothing to help gun rights but will be used by opponents of gun rights. Apart from that its poor taste at best to use dead kids to try and get your point across.

17. Axxe55

suck it up cupcake. life is rough. sometimes unless the presentation is rough and blunt and straight to the point, the message is never heard, or ignored.

18. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

The parents of the shooter are just trying to deflect attention and responsibility away from themselves. They are ultimately responsible for their wacko kid and the 6 deaths.

I'm just glad the wacko kid off'ed him self and saved us a lengthy trial.

19. FernandoTheCommando

I don't believe that to be true at all. Some of us are going soft.

Last edited: May 29, 2014