bob cats

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by gun nuts, Jun 12, 2009.

1. gun nuts

gun nuts New Member

i killed a bob cat with my mk.III hunter 22 pistol at 55 yards 3 nights ago it was cool has anyonee else killed a bobcat

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

No, it is not legal in Ohio. They are protected. Did you get it mounted? Is it open season where you live?

3. jng2985

jng2985 New Member

I always have a chance to on the deer lease I hunt on the owner says "go for it" but I would rather watch him then kill him..

4. gun nuts

gun nuts New Member

no i didnt get it mounted but i mounted my last one that i killed
    bobcats dont have a season where i live
    texas

sorry for 2 of the same messages im new

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

how much for that full mount?

6. gun nuts

gun nuts New Member

over $525 its a pretty lot for a cat but i killed it on the same night as i killed my first deer

7. BrinleeRanchHunts

BrinleeRanchHunts New Member

We typically harvest several bobcats every year and trap many more. They are quite widespread out in west Texas where we hunt.

8. gloks4life

gloks4life New Member

we use to raise them and sell for $300,for a cat there size they can tear you a new ***

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

We have one where I deer hunt but it doesn't bother anyone so we leave it alone. It's fun to watch.

10. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Bobcats are about 45 mins from me. South of Oswego, NY [Bottom right corner of Lake Ontario] is where they do not live. Or else I would have one mounted on my dresser. :)

S.S.

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Hell you can't even go out your back door here in Oklahoma most the time, without tripping over one. We got em everywhere here, seriously! :eek:

Jack

12. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Lucky!!! I'm going to Oklahoma. I know a guy there whos into guns. I want me some bobcat!

S.S.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I propose an FTF meet in OK for bobcat hunting. Bring tents and guns. Backyard of Jack's place. Jack supplies the beer. I'm in! :D

14. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

LOL, that will work, but Bring BDUs, boonies and some good boots along with TSgt. Miller with ya, and we will all start our FTF Militia Training Boot Camp, as well. :D

Jack...............

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Ok, I get the feeling we would not be welcome. Despite years of hunting and shooting (ahem-training) it is a no-go. That's fine. Did I mention that I am a descendant of a former (very early) Governor of Ok? Oh well, go smell. ;)

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Quit you sniveling, I said It was OK!. I would welcome all of you, anytime. That includes you too! :D;)

Jack................

17. Stix

Stix New Member

I would love to get a bobcat, i have never seen one though. I swear i heard a meow last week on a coyote stand tho. Michigan season in my zone is jan 1 thru march 1

18. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Not yet, but a bobcat was sighted in my neck of the woods with one of my chickens in it's mouth. The Game Warden in my area allows the killing of varmints out of season if saving your livestock. I'll probably use my Remington .223 varmint rifle.

19. utelme

utelme New Member

I was hunting in central AZ, near Picachao Lake. I made a stand under a sycamore with low branches. I was sitting in plain sight but in the shadow. I blew the call a few times then sat still watching the brush line. I turned away for a glance behind me and when I looked back He was sitting about 30 feet from me but hadn't seen or scented me. My shotgun was across my lap loaded with #2 shot and I had my Python in a shoulder holster. Like a dummy I decided to try and get it with the pistol. First shot clipped hair right above his head. The next shot was right under his back legs as he vanished like smoke. I'm kind of glad I didn't kill it. It was a really big one and beautiful poetry in motion.

20. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Damn Son your in central Texas not west Texas :D