Boar About To Become Pork

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by alsaqr, Feb 16, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This 250 pound boar was skinned and field dressed. Carcass is in my pickup box on ice, awaiting a trip to the butcher shop tomorrow morning.

[​IMG]

towboater, Sniper03, PANDEMIC and 4 others like this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

oh, that's just a baby...…..I've seen some that looked like it came out from prehistoric age. that had monstrous tusks and stood as tall as the height of a M151 JEEP, now that boar scared the bejesus out of me:D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    alsaqr and PANDEMIC like this.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Are they good eating at that size?

PANDEMIC likes this.
  4. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know, it was on a logging trail in Germany. I dare not want to run it over, it more then likely would have cause extensive damaged to the front of the jeep and get the thing pi$$ed off at me :D. I just waited until he went into the forest and I left, very quickly :D

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes, if they're fat like that one. That hog had been grazing on wheat fields and eating at feeders for months.

Sometimes the meat of really large boars is tough.

towboater and W.T. Sherman like this.
  6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

As Al refers, depends on condition of the hog and what it has been eating. Also, trapped hogs tend to be less stressed than say a hog that was bayed and caught with dogs.

towboater likes this.