Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I got a rare Browning Model 81 BLR in .284 caliber and it is brand new in the box. I'm debating if I want to use this gun or put it away. What are your thoughts?

G

·
I would use it, but of course, it is your call. I have been thinking about a .284 for a while now, just can't decide on which one. A Winchester Model 88 would be pretty cool if you can find one.
ct

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really wonder how many are really out there since they only made them for 7 years. The reason they quit making them is bc they were not selling. Plus mine is brand new in the original box with all paper work!!

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
PABUCK said:
I really wonder how many are really out there since they only made them for 7 years. The reason they quit making them is bc they were not selling. Plus mine is brand new in the original box with all paper work!!
Call./ email their records dept.

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
Ok guys, I got a rare Browning Model 81 BLR in .284 caliber and it is brand new in the box. I'm debating if I want to use this gun or put it away. What are your thoughts?
I buy guns to use so I would shoot and hunt with it, BUT that is entirely up to you.
It would be a good 'investment'! ;)
You are one blessed individual to have one of those!:cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I buy guns to use so I would shoot and hunt with it, BUT that is entirely up to you.
It would be a good 'investment'! ;)
You are one blessed individual to have one of those!:cool:
I'm the same way, normally I buy a gun to use not to look at, however I was at a gun auction and when the bidding on this puppy stopped at $600 I had to jump all over it!!! I will probably end up selling it to a collector who will enjoy it and then buy a stainless steel BLR 7mm-08 + a scope for the deer woods!!!

·
Premium Member
14,341 Posts
Spare mags for those are scarce. Is it a steel or aluminum receiver?

·
Premium Member
7,764 Posts
How much are you asking?

·
Registered
859 Posts
PABUCK said:
Why would you even waste your time typing this post, haha!!

A reasonable offer would need to be 4 figures son.
Haha, I know.
Sweet rifle, though. You don't see those pop up, often.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I may be wrong but weren't those made in Japan after the mid 70's?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may be wrong but weren't those made in Japan after the mid 70's?
Yes, these were made in Japan but only from 1989 to 1995. They were discontinued due to lack of sales. That is why the ones you do see are used. Hard to find one new in the box with all paper work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts