Bloombergs' $50 million: kind of a big deal

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by chloeshooter, Apr 18, 2014.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I don't know about anyone else here, but I do believe that the latest efforts by Ex-NYC Mayor Bloomberg (a $50 million push) are going to be a thorn in our 2nd Amendment's side. 50 mil + a very cooperative media, I might add.

WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? the 'big deal' is that Bloomberg is organizing anti-gun women's groups along with other efforts. The new lobbying group, called Everytown for Gun Safety, will encompass other gun control groups funded by Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. The real aim here - and this is not a veiled agenda - is to make 'gun control' a hot button for women much in the same way abortion rights are, healthcare, etc. "They say, 'We don’t care. We’re going to go after you,'" he said of the NRA. "'If you don’t vote with us we’re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we’re never going to stop.'" Bloomberg's group will target 15 states

I imagine at the root of all of this will be $$ going into the campaigns of anti-gun candidates. I imagine a lot of commercials that play on people's emotions.

Look, Obama got elected twice so let's be honest about the American voter: clearly too many of us are plain stupid. So tactics like this have and will work. They are proven. So this effort will most likely gain some traction. My concern at this point is: what are we going to do to counter it?

Attached Files:

2. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I don't know if the media is getting paid "under the table" but it has been clearly evident that the media will print what puts money in their pocket...whether under the table, scuttlebutt or just good news.

They don't seem much more interested in facts and truth than the anti-gun politicians.

Yes Bloomberg's money will be a problem. Counter it by staying alert and do what we can to fight back.

3. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I think it will have the opposite effect!

4. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

while I certainly hope you are correct on that, I have my suspicions you are not

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Heres the interesting thing, nobody cared about Albany Andy or Bloomturd before they rose up against the 2a with laws. Now upstaters are connecting in ways we never cared to in the past, even connecting with others outside of our state and word speads fast even if the "Fwee Pwess" isnt willing to report half of the stories.

The Libs got the jump on us in networking but were moving along at an ever growing pace now and were starting to see the winds of change changing again, under our own steam not just fighting back theirs. Less than 10% of the Dangerous *** weapons Andy said would be registered got registered on deadline. Even if they overblew the numbers to start, thats a clear sign NY'ers are less than ready to comply with Andy's Law, thats kinda huge kids!

Conservatives and Repubs as a whole arent all that social, were mostly busy doing not talking about what others are doing! Our voices are growing, we need to harmonize in ways were not so comfortable doing. If we do that, bloomies 50 million will only be a writeoff at the end of the year. Women and minorities arent stupid, they will see the tradeoff of their own self defense for call 911 and wait isnt one the can live with.

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

What we need is for someone to steal all of Bloomy's monies.

Any volunteers?

No? Well ok then. I don't have a lot of money sitting around. Certainly not 50mil. But I will be upgrading to NRA life membership. For myself and my wife. Possibly my kiddos too.

I'll not stop writing Congressmen either, when there's legislation on the table that can hurt us.

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

That's great, and I bet alot of others are doing the same thing. I am an Endowment member of the NRA and my wife is a Life member. We are both retired and living on a fixed income but every month month we make sure to send a few bucks to the NRA-ILA, the NRA political arm.

8. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Since the SCOTUS has already spoken on the issue, in Heller, and since Bloomberg is not blind, he can read the opinion and see where it leads.

9. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Yes, he can read the opinion. But, he's not going to follow it. He hasn't yet, so why start now?

You seem to fail to understand that the antis are going to do whatever they want, regardless of the fact that they can't.

10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Take a look at the facebook page "Everytown For Gun Safety". Seriously, take a look. https://www.facebook.com/Everytownforgunsafety

Our allies have created the page using Bloomie's name! LOL! It was created on April 14th 2014 to promote firearms safety. I wonder if Bloomie would offer $50 million to the NRA for the name :p

11. Mason609

Mason609 Active Member

Well, that backfired on him...

Attached Files:

12. lovemy38

lovemy38 New Member

Now he's wanting to get a believable spokesperson so he's thinking Mark Wahlberg.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Countering this is simple but requires time and dedication. The media will fawn over every anti gun rally, inflate its stats, and flat out lie about how many people showed up.

The media will ignore any pro gun rallies, play down their stats, and paint us as radicals.

The solution to this problem is to CRASH every "anti" rally with OC pro gunners, shout them down, and run them off.

It must be OC to ensure it remains peaceful and to prevent the media from failing to disclose the majority of people present are "opposition" and not "antis".

This is what shut down Bloombergs "no more names" tour following Newtown and it will work again.

The time for being cordial is over... We either cow our enemies by overwhelming their rallies or... We'll be left with no choice but to pick up the bullet box... And none of us wish to see that.

Tack

14. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I agree. Not too long ago I held the opinion that open carry was not a wise idea in some areas such as in California. That was true at the time, and the result of OC at the time in CA resulted in a further erosion of CA citizens' rights.

Today things are different. If OC is legal where these rallies are being held, I would encourage and even join (if legal to do so) these opposition rallies. Heck, it has gotten to the point where I might even be so inclined as to recommend that we start showing up in full riot combat gear just like the militarized Police are doing. In my mind I am picturing all-black riot gear but instead of "POLICE" stenciled on the front and back it would say "Militia" or alternatively it could say "III%", "Molon Labe" or any other of a number of citizen 2A activist motifs.

The key would be to have them all black and looking like LEOs wear. Keep it legal, but appear as much like the cops as we can. Legally.

The message would be to the anti-gun activists which would be "why are you afraid of one of these uniforms, but not the other? You have no way to verify that one is and "more good" than the other is."

Hey, it needs work. But seriously? I wonder what would have happened if the BLM goons had faced a uniformed bunch of citizens in full riot gear in Nevada? Why do we limit ourselves not only in our weapons, but in our gear outside of the uniform?

15. JW357

JW357 New Member

Tack and Viking,

Excellent ideas. I'm game. Let's do this.

16. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

OC is legal here in Arizona as well as CC without a permit even though they still have the permitting process in place. I tend to OC or at most put my shirt over my holster since my body type, overweight, and weapon, Sig P220 make CC a bit difficult. After much practice and a fair amount of training I came to the conclusion that the way I am carrying is the safest method possible for me.

While I am carrying I see myself as an ambassador of sorts for our 2nd Amendment rights. I feel that everyone should be polite and considerate with one another in public but doubly so when carrying for self defense. Our Glorious Leaders have painted gun owners as extremest whackjobs who are ready to snap at any time with no provocation. They have worked long and hard to make people so afraid that when a kid chews his poptart into a vague gun shape they have to slap terroristic threat charges on a 5 year old. So when I carry, no only do I have to consider the ramifications of using force to defend myself but I also have to consider how my fellow citizens view me and by extension all law abiding Citizens who choose to arm themselves.

I am not too sure about OC as a method of protest against the illegal encroachment of government upon our Natural Rights. That said, as long as everyone at an OC protest was extremely polite and considerate of those around us then we can go about the business of breaking the stereotypes built by our Glorious Progressive Leaders to vilify us.

As an example I will relate a conversation I had with a cute little old lady (African-American) in a scooter at WallyMart one day not too long ago. She asked me why I was carrying a handgun (she said pistol BTW). I answered thusly: I am not a cop or any sort of law enforcement officer, I am just a Citizen just like you or anyone else. But, I came to the conclusion when I got married that I have more than just my life to consider. I also have a duty to help and protect my fellow Citizens whenever and however I can should the need arise, even with my life should it become necessary. I carry this handgun so that should I ever be called on to defend my life or someone else's then I would have the proper tools at hand to carry out the duty that I feel is my responsibility and my duty to my fellow Citizens. If I should die in your successful defense then I can go and meet my maker with a light heart knowing I have done my best for my fellow man, and hopefully left this world just a bit better by my being here.

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

They show up is Portland or Seattle... I'll be there.

18. JW357

JW357 New Member

Well, I'm back on the east coast, so...

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

So is OK for a Washington resident (or California?) to OC in Oregon? Could you post some supporting info to that effect?

20. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Oregon and Washington both follow the premise of British Common Law meaning that anything not expressly "against the law" is legal.

Neither OR or WA ban the open carry of firearms meaning this activity is not illegal and is therefore LEGAL whether you are a resident of the state or not.

...and unless your a daisy who shows ID on command... How would an inquiring officer even know your home state?