Blogs: Who are these people?

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by Shihan, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Just wondering, who are the bloggers? There are always Blog entries by members with no post. Just wondering.

Does anyone else read the blogs?

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I thought the blog was a cheesy movie from the 60s.

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I just dropped a chocolate covered corn BLOG in the crapper.

5. freefall

freefall New Member

What is a blog anyway? I've heard of bloggers but it sounds uncomfortable and unsanitary.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

It's where you can write whatever you want. Some 'daily bloggers' who think they are very interesting (but really aren't) tell you what they've done for the day. ie: Today I woke up and read the paper while I enjoyed a cup of coffee. I always take my coffe with Hazelnut cream in it. My day just isn't complete without it....."

It's kind of like a journal that anyone can read. Now, you folks who have built your own rifles can blog about the progress, hunters can blog about theirs days experiences, etc. It's simply telling a story or information you think others might enjoy or learn from.

7. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

They only blogs I read are the entertaining ones that i stumble across

Something like that

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

So people join a firearms forum to write blogs about football.:confused:

9. fixxer

fixxer New Member

Click the "X" quick!

The bloggers that write about themselves in 3rd person are the most boring, annoying bunch.
    Wow, what's this? Another vanilla story about yourself? I get a lot of target practice on that little X up in the corner of the screen when it comes to blogs! They're about as interesting as hammering my own ba11$ flat. :-(

10. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Quoted for truth.

Whether blogging, writing a story or flogging; referring to oneself in third person is just about the worst thing one can do. For instance: Skullcrusher has another stupid story for you. Skullcrusher drove to work, worked and then drove home. Back to Skullcrusher's home, where it is home.

I don't read the blogs, nor do I read several other posts that are just as annoying.

The feeling of self-importance is just fine. It crosses the line where your feeling of self-importance exceeds that of everyone else on the planet.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

There is a blog for that

12. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

Hehehe.... like "Jimmy" on Seinfeld - always used the third person for himself. Very irritating.
    I'm 'old school'. I use the telephone, and E-mail. I don't blog, text or tweet, or use farcebook or NoSpace.......... I like it that way. Much more personal. ;)
    Still bugs me when a co-worker will E-mail me when our cubes are side-by-side though...... :rolleyes:

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

They are spammers. I'm deleting it all now.