Blazer Brass 9mm

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by falseharmonix, Dec 15, 2008.

1. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Was at Wallyworld this evening and saw a box of 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 9mm FMJ 115 gr for 9 bucks. Anyone used this before? I typically use Winchester FMJ 115gr for plinking at the range.

Just curious if anyone has used it in their weapons before. I've got a Glock 19, and it seems to eat just about anything I've fed it.

2. Ram Rod

Ram Rod New Member

No problems with the Blazer Brass in any of my pistols. Glocks, or SIG, 9mm, 40S&W, or 45acp. Yeah...Wal E World, and $8.97 a box of 50 here too. Better than WWB at $19.97 per 100ct box!

3. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Well, I picked up a box just for a test. Hope to hit the range Wednesday. If it works, then hell, I'll save a few bucks from the Winchester.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Blazer Brass is pretty decent ammo. I've shot .380, .357, 9mm and .45ACP without a hitch. The aluminum cased Blazer can sometimes be sporadic in quality.

5. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Just came back from the range. Gotta admit, I'm a little disappointed with the Blazer.

I emptied my mags that had winchester 115gr already loaded. Then, I loaded a 15 round mag and a 19 rd mag with the Blazer. I was all over the paper, with no consistency. Thought it might have been the 19 rd mag, so I squeezed off the rest, and loaded the 15 rd mag. Same issue.

After switching back to the winchester for the rest of my time there I was back into my usual swing of things.

So, was this a bad batch of ammo, or is the quality just that poor?

6. IDTANDY

IDTANDY New Member

Use Blaze Brass without any problems,.40 and .45.

7. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

new range report

Well, I decided to give ole Blazer one last shot. Picked up a few boxes and headed to the range today.

I was MUCH more satisfied with the accuracy this time. So, I'm guessing either I just had a temporary 50-round handicap or simply picked up a box that was a little below the limits of quality control.

8. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I've run nothing but Blazer Brass since Walmart started carrying it a couple years back. My Kimber feeds it perfectly and delivers it accurately enough for me to hit a paper plate sized steel at 50 yards.

9. NewShooter

NewShooter New Member

Great ammo. Shot two boxes of 50 with my glock 19 and returned to purchase the remaining 10 at a local walmart.

10. Cnynrat

Cnynrat New Member

We've used it in .40 - great ammo. No problems feeding in either my Sig or my wife's M&P. Seems to run a little cleaner than Winchester WB.

11. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Blaser Brass

First off, welcome to the boards,NewShooter!! I roll most of my own ammo through my Dillon 550, but at those prices,quality, I probably should stock up on some more factory loads. You know you cannot have enough for when the Zombies come!! Right??:eek::eek: Bill

12. gri11ed cheese

gri11ed cheese New Member

i just picked up a .40 and went strait to the walmarts and purchased .40 blazer brass,
    my cougar 8040 was new never fired. the blazer brass didn't jam once, i only hit the can once out of 11 shots, but was most likely my aim with a new gun.

good price for ammo :)

13. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I use Blaser Brass when I shoot 9mm for IDPA, and am usually first or second out of 20+ shooters. I even shot my .40 a few weeks ago for IDPA, using BB, took 5th out of 27th, having never used this pistol/ammo for IDPA before, I think that assures its quality.

Ususally I shoot my G20 10mm and my own handloads though.

Blaser brass is great ammo, I like it better than WWB.

I was able to find 10k rounds of it earlier this year at a walamrt in lexington KY, and bought every box of it. Took it home, sold half of it, and the other half is in safe #2.