blackhole weaponry barrel

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by jwalsh66, Nov 19, 2012.

1. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Does anyone have any experience with these? What are the pros/cons of the 3 groove polygonal rifiling? I've heard that it is more accurate than normal rifiling is thos the truth?

2. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Anyone have any idea on the quality or accuracy of these at all?

3. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Only by reputation. I have not had the honor of shooting one....yet.

They have a very good reputation for accurate match grade barrels, and good customer service.

They are also very reputable and knowledgeable. I've personally called them and talked about having a custom made barrel for my AR. Their prices are fair for a match grade barrel but you can find the more popular styles for cheaper from dealers. They are willing to customize make just about anything you want.

The only thing bad about them is their lead times. When I spoke to them about 6 months ago, their lead times were 8-12 weeks.

4. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Yeah I know I found one for $80 less than they were selling them on their own site. I was thinking since I could get a free upper included from surplus ammo I might as well get one then. I thought it was a super good deal. $220 for an 18" barrel with mid length gas system and the the upper for that price.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Not a bad price at all. I have a few friend who have them and they are very accurate.

6. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I'm in then, I just wanted to make sure they weren't some fly by night joke of a company. I've heared stories before of companies that seemed legit but were basically a scam

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

BHW is the real deal. Let us know how it works out for you!

8. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Will do ill place my order tomorrow

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

great price! how'd you get that price! share with us plzzz!

edit, found it...
    http://www.surplusammo.com/barrels/

wow that's a pretty great deal man.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  10. Car54

Car54 New Member

My son has one and he got it from Surplus Ammo. He said it's accurate, and likes the set up.

11. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I may have to go visit Surplus Ammo soon, since I just moved into the state and they aren't that far away.

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I have a Black Hole barrel. 22" in a free float upper built by J&S out of Olympia WA.

It shoots under 1/2 MOA.

Tack

13. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Just go to the surplus ammo site and put a barrel in the "cart" and it will say " you got an upper reciever for free" its a $70 free bee. I'm all over it I might order 2 even.

14. Car54

Car54 New Member

One of two things, leave all your money and credit cards at home, or take them loaded when you go.

15. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Sorry its $229 not $220. I just went and checked they still have the free upper promo going on

16. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I say take them as loaded as possible as long as you won't get in too much trouble with the wife lol I know I sure would

17. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Just curious, why are you opting for the middy gas and not the rifle?

18. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

I'm not sure I honestly don't know the difference between them. I mean I know the obvious physical differences but I don't know the pros and cons of each. I know I like the look of the middy better. But if you could shine some light and help educate me on the difference I sure would appreciate it. Like I said I'm daisy fresh as far as building but have done plenty of shooting

19. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The gist of it, the middy gas should cycle a little more reliably. The rifle gas should shoot a little more smoother.

20. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Ill take reliability any day of the week. I've had firearms break down on me out in the field before. Its a bad way to end the trip. I guess I picked the correct one without knowing it. Thanks for the lesson.