Blackhawk Serpa question

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by pioneer461, Feb 19, 2012.

1. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I recently bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Springfield XD .40. Included in the package was a giz-mo that I am unable to find a use for. If you know what this is and what it does, please let me know. :confused:

Thanks
    [​IMG]

2. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

I got my answer on another forum I subscribe to. It is basically a spacer that is used to support the top opening of the holster in shipping, etc. It's a throw away.

Thanks

3. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

How do u like ur serpa holster!

4. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

I love my blackhawk holster I would not suggest it for a duty holster as of the ease to get it out of.

5. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

So u think it's more of a contest holster?

6. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

Yeah or a conceal carry holster. The reason I say it all you have to do is hit one button and it will slide out not the best holster if your fighting a individual

7. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

I see what u mean

8. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

You can buy a lvl 3 holster but all it adds is a top closure

9. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Yea seen them and I don't like them to hard to get of hostler and to put the gun bk in

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I had the level 3 Serpa Duty holster and i loved it. It provided more retention for my sidearm,and i could flip the hood and the index finger button in the same motion and have my firearm on target in no time flat. It had very smooth clearing and reholstering motion, and i never felt that my sidearm was vulnerable to someone trying to grab it during a physical altercation "which i was in ALOT of altercations".

11. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I also have the Serpa and I love it for range carry for my 1911, and will probably get one for my 92sf, if I can ever quit buying Mosins long enough to finance one. I like both the retention and the release. It was so well thought out, that when you release the button, your trigger finger lays right along the receiver, where it is supposed to be, as the gun is drawn.

I can't see using one for concealed carry as they are a tad bulky.

12. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

Mainly winter time carry its what I use mine for. And lvl 3 us a lot better as far as safety fire but about all I see around here is either cqc or lvl 2

13. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Yea they r a great hostlers no doubt about. I want to get a molle for my vests with a serpa and have a drop leg holster for my next gun I get.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Man those tactical thigh rigs look comfortable but have you ever had to run in one? Holy crap, i thought that i liked them until i had to chase some idiot for about 1/2 mile. i caught the guy, and after i got home i threw it in the drawer and left it....some people like them but they arent for me

15. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

Did it rub you bad or just make u sweaty?

16. MrWray

MrWray New Member

No, it would jump around and try to rotate around my leg. I had to hold it while i was running to keep it still.

17. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

My safariland thigh holster doesn't seem that bad but I haven't had to chase someone down like that.

18. Keginth28

Keginth28 New Member

I see how that would be a problem.