Blackhawk Knoxx recall/failure w/pics

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by will_reed, Jan 19, 2012.

1. will_reed

will_reed New Member

Here's what happened to my stock on the first round fired. Blackhawk says the recall only applies to a few stocks made in November and only for Mossbergs. I just thought I'd put it out there incase anyone has one that they haven't tried out yet.

Attached Files:

2. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

Note taken. Won't buy. Thanks fir the info

3. will_reed

will_reed New Member

I'm going to give a replacement a try.

4. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

that sucks. Which generation stock? I have a gen I for my 870 and really like the stock. I only put 15 magnum slugs threw the gun, but I like mine.

5. will_reed

will_reed New Member

Gen 2, I like the feel and the look too.

6. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

The thing I dislike about the stock is it's a little harsh on my cheek. I had the stock short enough that my cheek bone was resting on the stock. I shot the 15 rounds 3 weeks ago, my cheek just got over the bruise.

7. will_reed

will_reed New Member

That doesn't sound good at all, lol.

8. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Is this a Knoxx SPEC OPS Reduced recoil adjustable stock?

9. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

That bruise was wicked I adjusted it a little longer so it was resting on my cheek instead of the cheek bone. That seemed to make shooting less painful. And I will say they advertise 95% reduction in recoil, I don't think it's that much but it was a hell of a lot more comfortable that the synthetic stock my gun came with. For the money I paid which was 110 shipped, well worth the money.

10. sharkcoasttactical

sharkcoasttactical New Member

If it hits your cheek, your face is in the wrong spot. There are directions that go over the issue provided in the directions of the stock. I've shot 100 slugs out of mine and 100's of birdshot. No problems.

11. oli700

oli700 New Member

Thanks for sharing, I have more than 1000 rounds through my gen 1 on a Mossberg, my buddy just got a gen 2 and it feels the same as mine even though it has a limbsaver butt pad. But mine is good and broke in.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Pffft, it will buff out. Just put some duct tape on it! :cool:

:p

13. will_reed

will_reed New Member

Yes, Gen 2.

14. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

Ii was just had the stock adjusted wrong. I had the fun too chose.

15. HunterMarksman338

HunterMarksman338 New Member

I have to have to put my two cents on Blackhawk's Knoxx product line. I have fired multiple Knoxx stocks, the comp, six-position, and the top folding. All of them smack my face and the top folding actually left a bruise on my face.

I don't recommend their products @ all and have kept my friends and family from purchasing them. My experience has been very bad with them and my cheek is on the correct of the stock when obtaining sight requisition. I prefer the recoil because it's predictable. Just my two cents.

16. Billwelds

Billwelds New Member

I agree. Definatly read the directions first. I have one on my Mossberg 500 Special Purpose. Have shot tons of slugs, and 00 buckshot, no problems, no cheek slaps. You can't expect to rest your cheek on a shotgun, shoot slugs or buck, and not get messed up.
    As a side note, I have shot target loads with the Blackhawk stock on my Mossberg, and completely rested my cheek on the weapon to look right down the sight. Again, no problem.

17. HunterMarksman338

So do you raise the shotgun to your chest and not even near your face? How can you be sure for sight requisition? I guess ghost ring sights would help you, you have that on your boomstick?

18. Billwelds

Billwelds New Member

I keep it just off my cheek.
    I just put a red dot on, couldn't pass it up. Came with a picatinny rail, holographic red / green dot, and about 4 different dot choices for $40. on Amazon.

19. HunterMarksman338

Well, that solves that problem. I just have a bead sight on my 590.