Blackhawk Knoxx CompStock 2-Piece Recoil Reducing Traditional Stock

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by John_Deer, Feb 22, 2014.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am interested in getting one of these stocks for my slug gun. I need to either get a barrel for my 20 ga or a kinder stock for the 12 ga. I can shoot under 10 shots at a target with the Mossberg 500 as is. Recoil is not an issue when I am hunting.

Does anyone have a Blackhawk Knoxx CompStock 2-Piece Recoil Reducing Traditional Stock Mossberg 500? Does it really reduce recoil by half when shooting slugs or buckshot?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/74...35-12-gauge-synthetic-black?cm_vc=subv1744311

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Ok, here is what I have dug up on the stock, it does reduce recoil. But when the stock collapses your master hand is coming back in our face. Looks like I am getting a barrel for the 20 ga.

3. goblue73

goblue73 New Member

You are correct, I have this stock on my Mossberg 500 12 gauge and it does reduce recoil but the gun does spring back more than with the standard stock. I do like the pistol grip and adjustability in the stock as I hunt in climates with a wide range of temps so I can adjust to fit my clothing

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't want a pistol grip of form on a shotgun, it can only be a hindrance.