Blackbird

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JonM, May 24, 2011.

1. JonM

JonM Moderator

well i finally found a reputable business to fix the only thing on my 1989 formula 350 firebird i cant do myself due to the weight of the hatch itself. it was leaking like a sieve. it goes in on thursday to have the hatch bolts resealed and the gasket reseated.

i restored it all was done by me cept the paint and rear hatch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a very nice ride. :cool:

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

Thanks. She is almost all original i used gm oem parts to restore except for the speakers headliner and sunshades which after 20 years even the nib parts are too far gone as they had parts made with either paper or cardboard or foam.

I take her to car shows and such now and then and she gets lots of attention since ive never seen anyone dumb enough besides myself to restore a 80's f-body to this level. You just dont see these at carshows that look this good and are being driven around.

Ive seen a few of em that some peeps keep on trailers and have like 15 miles on the odometer but mine is a driver with 45k miles atm

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Dam fine car you have sir.

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I'm coming out to visit you, shoot pink guns and get a ride in that car. :D

6. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I have always likes the lines of those Firebirds. IMO the only other good looking body GM ever came out with besides the originals of 67-69.

Well done, well done indeed ;)

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

Sounds like fun can even take it to.the range :D

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I have always found the Formula trim level of the Pontiac F-body a much overlooked/under appreciated jewel in the GM muscle car stable.

I owned the Trans Am and loved it but found the screaming eagle on the hood just a tad over the top.

I have always wanted, but never owned a Formula. Thanks Jon for this brief recapture of youth!

Just don't put anything PINK on that black beauty!

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

No worries there wont be any pink on that classic. I had a red one back in the 80's my brother destroyed it while i was in basic training. Took me 20 years to get another and i found that one.

Its the rarest of the firebirds as its a real formula 350. Very few were made and even fewer survived in any capacity. So for me restoring it was a labor of love.

Ive always liked pontiac interiors. The red lit interiors are very cool ill have to take some nite pics of both the formula and transam

10. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Kitt? Is that you buddy? :D

j/k Jon. That is very nice! Well done good sir.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

I get that a lot lol. But she isnt a 4cyl iron duke like kitt was heh.

You can literally feel the engine rumbling your butt when sitting in the seats.

And no i wont put that stupid red light in hood!! I hated knight rider.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

Very nice ride!

Says the man with rattlesnake skin grips. :rolleyes:

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Viva la difference!