Firearms Talk banner

Black Rain BCG

5K views 28 replies 8 participants last post by  okdonk 
#1 ·
So I just got this and thought others may be interested. When I first pulled it out thought it had a thin film of lubrication, no, no lubrication just really slick. The rest are some pictures so you can make your own opinion.

Auto part Gun accessory Metal Titanium Trigger

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Electronic device Auto part

Eye Cosmetics Writing implement Office supplies Tints and shades

Pen Office supplies Writing implement Musical instrument Wood

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Staking just barely weak. The angle makes it hard to be sure, can you give a top view?

Otherwise looks nice and does have the M16 carrier. Got more specs?

#5 ·
purehavoc said:
Just ordered a core15 bcg. Every where is out and not much to choose from out there. Anyone tried one of these?
I got a Core 15 M16 BCG it has no markings on it ( like Hp MPi ) It looks like they don't test fire them. The gas ring caused crazy things to happen. So they took it back and sent me a new one. The new one caused FTF so I got my money back and got a AO Precision Phosphate.
Hopefully you will have better luck

#7 ·
I got a Core 15 M16 BCG it has no markings on it ( like Hp MPi ) It looks like they don't test fire them. The gas ring caused crazy things to happen. So they took it back and sent me a new one. The new one caused FTF so I got my money back and got a AO Precision Phosphate.
Hopefully you will have better luck
did it come with a 1 piece gas ring ? a buddy used one and caused a disaster with his bcg , went back to the 3 piece gas rings and no issues :confused:

#9 ·
Stking is weaksauce. Mark your bolts and check to make it doesnt walk on you. If you have cycling issues that be the first thing you should check.

#12 ·
I'd ask them if they test fire, hard to tell if they cleaned the bolt.

It is very cleanly finished. Hope it works out well.

#13 ·
Quentin said:
I'd ask them if they test fire, hard to tell if they cleaned the bolt.

It is very cleanly finished. Hope it works out well.
Will do, the finish is very slick, almost feels like it is lubricated. Kinda weird, you can see that it was made in a 3D lathe, the cuts are visible to the naked eye but you can't really feel them.

#16 ·
Well the staking looks 100% better but the caliber, well... :D Did they replace a 5.56 with a 5.45x39 Soviet bolt? :eek:

BRO is 0-3 with BCGs on this forum! :eek:

#24 ·
How much was it if u dont mind me asking? I'd sell it on ebay instead returning to Aim if i were you. Lol
It is $225, what got me was the description. It said mil spec, grade 8, Carpenter bla bla bla... only difference was nickel boron instead of phosphate and it was Spikes brand,I thought it would be good. It never occurred to me to check for that oddball caliber, I must have just totally missed where it said 5.45x39.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.