black powder shoot

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by mountainman13, Mar 20, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

April 21 & 22 9am- whenever
    Leominster sportsmans club in leominster Massachusetts.
    Presented by the watchusett mountainmen
    Come on down and try your hand at primitive survival skills, knife and hawk, traditional archery, black powder and I believe this time we will have an atlatl on hand. Prizes will be awarded in all catagories and entry fees are minimal.

2. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Excellent! I used to run historic blackpowder matches including any firearm from 1399 to 1894 (yes, I included Winchester levers -- lol).

3. LionHairedFlint

LionHairedFlint New Member

This is a great event and there is a lot of knowledge to learn while in competition there, side by side with some of the best...Cannot wait!

4. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Notice, Anyone using 3F Powder in any smooth bore will be banned from using this range. Please call ahead before attending.:(

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Unless they pull off getting there hands on a 45 caliber smoothie, you're damn right.

6. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

They just love gun control in those liberal N.E. States. The gun clubs even have gun control.:eek:

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

We love not having to pay ridiculous liability rates because some know it all jackass shot a ramrod through his hand or blew up his gun.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You can argue about the rules all day but you can't argue with the fact that we have not had a single injury in 25 years and we do it all. Bp competitions,archery,primitive fire starting,hunting,survival,knife and hawk competitions and the list goes on.

9. md1911

md1911 New Member

I participate in pre 1830 rondezvous. Been doing it for a few years and never seen any problems. Matter of fact going. To one in missouri april 12

10. LionHairedFlint

As always, Good to hear! I love rendezvous' That's the usual story...those that are into it, study it first and always respect it.

11. LionHairedFlint

Missouri, eh? The Original is in New England and coming up in May, and that's 1750's- 1840's.

12. LionHairedFlint

Allow me to clarify and say "The original Northeastern"

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Those of us that shoot state and regional matches never see any of these explosions. The Texas State in Brady is a big 4 day shoot. They have no witch hunt rules and no accidents. This is the kind of thing that hurts shooting sports. We have never had any insurance carrier tell us what powder to use.:(

14. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I watched a Youtube video on The Original Nor'eastern. SO not interested as a result.