Black Powder Revolver

Discussion in 'Blackpowder & Musket' started by lukeisme, May 2, 2010.

1. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

I have a black powder revolver that I believe is a an Uberti Navy Model 1851 .36 cal. It has a busted spring that lifts the cyclinder lock. I have no idea where to find parts for these pistols. If anyway has a source I would love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!!!:)

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I THINK the part you seek is called the Bolt Spring. gunpartscorp.com has an exploded diagram of the Uberti Navy, which shows the spring, but they do not list one. Neither does Dixie Gun Works. Brownells lists the bolt, but not the spring.

So you have a couple of options- first, email all 3 above, and ASK if they have a spring. Sometimes they do not list ALL the parts they have (small quantities) And consider that a Colt spring will possibly be a fit. Second, find a gunsmith. Making small springs is a common task for a true smith. Third, get some spring stock, file, and do some reading on tempering springs.

3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

4. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

5. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

Installed the bolt spring and it shoots like a champ now. Thank you for the suggestions!!!

6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

*bow head* This site rocks just because of that, no? :D

7. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

agreed!!!!!!!!

8. Sagetown

Sagetown New Member

lukeisme; Dixie Gun Works is a supplier of parts for black powder revolvers also. Glad you've got it going again.:p

9. zeskullmaster

zeskullmaster New Member

Dixi gun works has all the parts you need I have gotten mine from them and they have decent prices I have four Uberti cap and Ball revolvers from 36 cal to 44 cal.