Black Ice......!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Back in my yoote , when I was still in my 20,s , I used to bounce this biker bar called the "Mill-View". It was on a large hill and when the "Black-Ice" hit the side walk , I got some major laughs.

One step off the bar liability area and it was "Shoooooooom" down the hill..!
    Now that I'm older . it ain't all that funny any more. I got me a trophy , a stop sign yesterday.!:confused:I knocked it down , there fore , it must be mine right....? :D

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

i've warned others before and I'm warning you. If you take a STOP sign and there is an accident at that intersection because someone didn't know to stop, you are held liable for that accident. I highly urge you to return that sign to the intersect and to notify the city streets workers that intersection needs a new sign.

3. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

Hit a patch of black ice while traveling I-55 from Chicago to St. Louis went sideways for about 50 feet, recovered the slide and went on. Talk about running up your BP and heart rate! :eek: My nephew thought it was cool, ah to be a teenager! :D

Yeah what WOC said! When I lived in FL some kids stole a stop sign as part of a scavenger hunt, the next person went through to intersection not knowing to stop and was killed when they were broadsided by a full loaded dump truck.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  4. dango

To be honest , I didn't take it . It's just 2 feet off the ground now but I did tell the town Hero.........! :D Don't forget though , there are eleven people here so It won't get fixed this year.....! :)

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I worked in a trophy & sign shop in high school; i don't remember a "stop sign" figure. We had like 8 kinds of cows/steers/bulls figures and three different coon-hunting figures, though.

6. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I did a cute 720° spin on the freeway with a 4x4... hit nothing, kinda looked around, said damn, and drove on :)

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

When we lived in Colorado, a great way to spot immigrants from CA was when they whizzed past you on I-25 in their 4WD- on black ice morning.

The second great way to spot them was to watch for them at the first curve. About 50 ft up the road bank.

WHEEEE!

8. dango

As a moth to flame , Black ice and the scenic land scape...! :D

9. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Hit black ice on tge highway and did a 540° with preg wife and 2 kids in the car. Pretty damn scary.

On the other note of ownership....i suppose from other driving experiences, i own a fire hydrant and a light post... :eek:

10. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

When I was growing up black ice was a good thing. It meant the pond was ready for some hockey! And we had to get out there before the figure skaters and their mothers showed up!

11. dango

Car Hockey , ..Hmmm..? I Like it..! :D

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Ahhh, cranberry bogs in winter.

13. dango

Hmmmmm..? Never played Hockey with a cranberry..? :confused: Little suckers is hard to puck-it ain't it ..? :confused:

14. nosaj

nosaj New Member

My cranberries shrink in the cold of winter.. ;)

15. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

We come to seize her berry, not to praise it.

Act III Scene II Line 53.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  16. dango

Praise before seize.........!;)