Black friday

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Jpohl, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jpohl

Jpohl New Member

Being that I work in retail( local sporting goods store) I absolutely despise this day. That being said, there are some good deals. Anyone plan on using this day to buy a new toy? I can't decide on a new pistol or a new rifle. How bout y'all?

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

There are exceptions, but I get my best deals on new firearms during the spring and summer.

After hunting season I always find deals on used rifles/shotguns. People that get laid off right around Christmas will hunt hard. After the first of the year they find a job and need money to get to work. Even if they are drawing unemployment a month of hard hunting will cause them to overspend.

3. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I know some gals that simply enjoy the experience. Half a dozen of them meet in a parking lot, either ride together or plan routes and stores for each group to hit and then meet up for lunch somewhere, etc. They love it. Personally it makes the hair on my neck stand up. I can get the deals I want online all day everyday. You could not pay me to go thru that madness.

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

We might try for a new handgun. Don't know that its worth the hassle though.

5. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Nope, don't like crowds. There are good deals to be had, but not at the expense of being aggravated all day. I'll be in my tree stand all alone :)

6. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I avoid it like the plague, there's not a deal good enough in life to make me want to put up with that stampede.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have never participated in any Black Friday sale at any retailer. i detest large crowds of idiots acting like ill-behaved children. many times, you will find the same item at the same price a couple of months later and won't have to deal with the crowds.

8. FAS1

FAS1 Member

I do my Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping online. Don't care for fighting the crowds either.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Would rather kiss a snake than join the hordes of zombie shoppers. Will be deer hunting until 9 AM, then work.

10. stag556

stag556 New Member

Only one I went to, I was in and out in 12 minutes. That being said I will be serving the hoards who are to lazy to figure out how to use there cell phones and come to the tech department to get help. Sorry just being bitter, they canceled my vacation (deer hunting) so I can be there to help "our" customers.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would be beyond angry.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I used to hit all the electronics and computer sales with a few other guys. It was a whole lot of fun. But not so much now. You can get deals online now so why bother with the crowds.

13. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I went a few years ago to Walmart, got everything I wanted and it wasn't all that bad so I went again the next year... Absolute nightmare. No more

14. aender77

aender77 New Member

I went once in my life, I had the worst experience and will never go out again. I was at target, my lil sister wanted an MP3 player (when they first came out) I was in the financial position to get her a really nice one. Found one (last one of a certain brand) for her dropped it in my basket (the small hand basket) as I was walking through an isle towards the checkout, this broad reaches in and snatches it up. I started yelling at her, demanding the item back. Security came by and asked about the situation. He then took the item, went back and watched the security footage, he seen I was indeed being truthful and walked me and the item through the checkout and to my vehicle... The look on her face was priceless. I came out on top, but don't like the idiots that I have to deal with, so I choose to shop online or at a different time

15. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

my ex-wife use to do the sales on Friday the day after Thanksgiving. well one Friday she went and when she got home she was in the most foul mood i had ever seen her in. she was beyond mad or angry. she was in a mood that could have swung easily towards killing fast!

she related that morning events later on after she cooled down somewhat. she said the store was covered with morons and idiots that had the worst manners she had ever seen. people pushing, shoving and grabbing stuff. she told me she came really close several times in smacking people!

she never went to another Black Friday sale again!

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Its only fair that you should be able to cancel one day at work. :)