Black Friday throw downs !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by MobileMarine, Nov 25, 2011.

1. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

Post your local mayhem stories from these idiots shopping hehehe

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

ah, but you can't beat video
    video

3. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I don't understand why people go to those things. I have gone once and it sucked. Most of the deals are non even deals. Stores usually mark up their products a few weeks before black friday then return them to almost the same price. Home Depot actually marked up a $399 miter saw to $599 then returned it to $399 on black friday.

Here's what I read earlier.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  4. vincent

vincent New Member

Agreed, classic American materialism at it's finest. TV says go, the masses go. They're shooting people in Fayette-nam over this stuff, it happens every year.

5. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I hate going and getting in the middle of that crap but went with my wife on black friday to the midnight sale at walmart. I mainly went cause i didnt want her going alone.

6. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

I went for a similar reason. Me and my fiancee got some funny looks from a guy that slammed into us and felt our ccw's. He then called the cops on us for having guns legally concealed in the parking lot of bass pro. That was the 2nd time i had cops called bc i had my colts on me in a public place in 3 weeks.

7. HotFudge

HotFudge New Member

I tried my damnedest to start fights with Pitt fans at the Backyard Brawl, they were too much of pussies to do anything.

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

They ought to ban you from this forum for posting that video. That woman's pants were just about to fall down. :mad:

Just watching the chaos in that video just about gave me a panic attack.

I heard the best deals to be had are the first two weeks of December. That's when the sales are good and the prices are at the lowest. The Black Friday deals are mostly to lure people into the store where they may get one or two good deals but the store has the hopes that you'll buy more items while you're there.

9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

:eek:

At least you know she wasn't level 5 deep conceal carrying her firearm :)

10. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

My immediate family is not allowed to attend anything with large unruly crowds. It's simply to unpredictable. Individuals are for the most part, intelligent, but large group pack mentality is inherently dangerous.

With all the preparation and common sence excersized by most here to AVOID conflict, I find it hard to believe that our members would forget everything they know and step into this mayhem for a discount.

TACK

11. jd-tex

jd-tex New Member

I spent 10 years in retail management (Sears and then Home Depot). I am so thankful to be away from all the black friday mess. Several years ago at my Sears store we had a door buster deal on a TV and had a shoving fit break out in electronics department. An older lady was pushed to the ground and stepped on and ended up breaking a hip. Less than 5 minutes into the store opening and someone is leaving by ambulance. This shopping tradition seems to bring out the worst in people, and in my opinion is contrary to the purpose of thanksgiving.

12. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I went to work and fiddled around for about 5 hours. The Walmart parking lot was packed at 4:30am.
    I did swing by Farm and Fleet around 11ish to pick my youngest son a nice little 1200 ft. per second pellet gun. It was crowded but nothing out of line. I heard some stories about two women getting into a nice fist fight over an X-Box though.

13. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

I was working off duty at a local walmart. It was mayhem. There was a crowd of no less then 100 people surrounding a video game bin. At 12:00 the walmart employee took of the plastic and the fights broke out. Its always the woman that are the worst. In all 3 arrest and 4 citations.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have no idea what that means and I'm a little afraid to find out.....but tell me anyway.

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Means packing heat in her trunk.

16. MobileMarine

MobileMarine New Member

made my once a year venture into wally world last night with the wife , yes I carried , But man is walmart stepping up to the plate on firearms sales
    Sigs
    taurus
    Mini14s
    ar15s and a few others not before sold there.