Black Friday Mossberg deal

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by nosaj, Nov 23, 2012.

1. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Went out shopping on black friday for the first time. Picked up a Maverick 88 for $160. First time I went to the counter they were "sold out" and i almost settled on a Stevens for $60 more. I took some time to think about my decision and walk around. When I went back to make my purchase the guy saw me come back and told me he had a Mav in the back that someone just cancelled on...........wow I actually got lucky on this one. The only downside to buying a gun at 1am is having to go back to pick it up when the State police computers are up and running the next morning.

2. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Unless you have to drive hundreds of miles back to the store it's well worth it at that price.

3. nosaj

nosaj New Member

Nah, about 1/2 hr. I'm going back as soon as i get some coffee in me. It's a Christmas present for my son and I'm already looking up some mods he can get for "his" gun.

4. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Awesome! Hope he enjoys it. How old is he if you don't mind me asking?

5. nosaj

nosaj New Member

He is 16. I hope he doesn mind sharing his new toy. Would it be wrong to "test" it out before giving it to him?.......haha

6. Gone_South

Gone_South New Member

Perfect age for a 12 gauge IMO. I'd let him blast away unless he's never shot one before.

Actually a couple of Fatherly examples beforehand couldn't hurt either way. :D