Black Forge AR-15 what can you tell me about them

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by gunman41mag, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Black Forge is a cool name but you can bet a real honest to God forge made the receivers! And the other parts came from various suppliers. But the price was good so you didn't get hurt if you wanted a range gun. It's likely right there with most $6-700 ARs. I prefer PSA in that range.

2. gunman41mag

gunman41mag Active Member

I have so many different brands of AR-15, only one that has jammed was a DPMS on russian ammo. PSA & Rock River Arms eats the Russian ammo like candy

3. Parks41

Parks41 New Member

Have you picked the gun up from your dealer? If so, how is it? I was looking at the same one but haven't found much info on it...

4. gunman41mag

My FFL dealer said it looks real good, There's a one week waiting period, before I can pick up the BLACK FORGE, CDNN SPORT has them on sale starting as low $499

5. gunman41mag

BLACK FORGE was bought out by Invincible Arms, the black forge name will no longer be stamp on the receiver, that's why they have been discounted

6. SC8e

SC8e New Member

Black Forge Update?

So what's the report on the Black Forge? How are the components? Does it shoot well? Worth the price? Thanks!

7. gunman41mag

Looks good, I still haven't shot the BLACK FORGE

8. Tanker2015

Tanker2015 New Member

Like mine

I've got about 500 rounds through it - no problems. As others have stated BF was bought and that's why this $800-$900 rifle is selling for <$600. My FFL and several others have looked at it and were surprised at the price - they thought it would be more expensive.

9. Triumphman

Triumphman Well-Known Member

Looks to be a very good deal for an AR.

I noticed in the description that the barrel was 4140 which means it probably doesn't have CL(chrome lining).

Virtually all bolt/semi action hunting rifles use 4140 barrel steel, but they don't go through as many rounds of ammo that one generally does with an AR.

I think you did good OP for a cheap cost, now go and shoot the snot out of it.

10. gunman41mag

I have way too many AR-15, since i mostly shoot the Rock River Arms, Bushmaster, & the Palmetto State Armory, I'll leave the Black Forge nib.

11. Triumphman

A person can never have too many of any gun, but I know what you mean with having 4 ARs.

I have a PSA "premium" Upper w/FN CHF barrel, Anderson Lower w/PSA classic LPK, AimSurplus NiB BCG and Magpul grey stealth furniture all bundled up that hasn't be shot--other than the PSA test function shots.

I should take it out to do a completed function test, but I need to get another HoloSun Micro Dot to put on it, as I removed/mounted it on my bedside AR gun.

12. gunman41mag

I have more than 4 ar-15, those that i mention are the used one i go shooting with:D

13. Triumphman

Sorry Gunman41, I should of said having 4 ARs, myself.

14. gunman41mag

I haven't heard anything bad about the Black Forge, for what i pay, i think i got an excellent deal.

15. Billups Michael

Billups Michael New Member

I purchased a Black Forge ar 15 less than 18 months ago. I've fired only 200 rounds over this time.
    Now it's keyholing every other round. Rifling isn't good for anyone .
    I need your help, the dealer is a local one. I need another rifle or repaired asap.
    Thank you
    Michael V M Billups

SanchoPanza likes this.
  16. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

what is the barrel twist rate and what weight bullets are shooting?
    are they factory loads?
    or are they reloads? IF so, how fast are they moving?

Dallas53 and Billups Michael like this.
  17. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

exactly. it might be just a case of choosing the proper ammo for the rifle.

i know with my AR's, with their barrel twist ratios, i can only accurately shoot certain ammo, so i tend to limit their choices to that ammo. problem solved.

18. Billups Michael

Billups Michael New Member

Thanks so much for responding.
    1. Ammo used , wolf 55 weight .
    2. All factory loads. Never use reloads.
    3. Barrel twist and rate ? I don't know, can you help me with that ?
    4. Speed of bullet fired, not sure need help with that also.
    Thank you ,
    Michael V M Billups

SanchoPanza and Dallas53 like this.
  19. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Twist rate is stamped on most barrels, usually near the caliber stamping. Usually near the front of the barrel on an AR, so it doesn’t get covered with the shroud or hand guard. On most others it is back by the receiver.

Wolf lists the 55-gr fmj, as having a muzzle velocity of 3250.